Author Topic: Best Computer?  (Read 6920 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Best Computer?
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 03:00:35 am »
Name and brand is completely(or at most part) irrelevant in all honesty. It's all down to the hardware inside of it and how good it is.

It's really just to try to get the best bang for buck, and ask someone else you know to find a good laptop for you that knows a thing or two about computers and it's hardware(and do not ask the salesmen because most of them just want you to waste your money). But you will not be able to say "I have an acer with windows 8 and it's lag free" since it's not very accurate on what it actually has within and what sort of settings you might run the game on.

When it comes to just downloading stuff off the internet and installing maps most computers will do fine honestly even more so if you'd buy one new.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 12:01:14 pm »
Like Red said it's not so much the brand you want to focus on. Look at the computers specs, harddrive information and so forth. If you're just playing Feralheart I'd say you could get away with a laptop though I personally prefer deskstops. However if you plan to play other games and download huge maps and a ton of stuff a desktop probably would be better.

The higher the graphics card, the better, though decent graphic drivers can be alot more- sometimes it's cheaper to buy those out of a store like online. Hrmm. If you get a brand new computer chances are it'll have Windows 8 so maybe ask if you can downgrade or if they have any with Windows 7.. Windows 8 is horrible, for me personally.

A important thing to look into is how many cores it has multi-core computers run faster and overall may help speed things up for all of your games without the need to get fancy graphics. My computer right now is a quad core processor and compared to my dual core it is so amazingly fast on FeralHeart. ALso keep an eye no how much harddrive space and RAM it has.

If it helps you at all here are my computers specs- I run FeralHeart just fine. c:

Processor: Intel(r) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:04:08 pm by ZombieKitteh »

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 12:28:34 pm »
I think the age and abilities of the laptop might be the things making all the difference.

My computer runned well at first; an old HP Pavillion that my grandma gave me. It could handle FH without barely any lag, but it took time to download maps. This year, though, it began to lag. The loading screen would stay there for ten minutes, then I either found out that I had a bad token or that I succeeded. In that case, a twenty minutes lag with the map's name. Meanwhile, I click everywhere, only to find out that twenty minutes later that I clicked on the X.

My sister's laptop is an old 2008 Asus, still pretty much younger than my computer. It handles FH without lag, except in areas like Stone Bridge and Lagfire. Rapidity at downloading maps.

My mom's laptop is a 2010 Asus with the ability to run Skyrim faster than a Xbox, and that, without any lag.

I checked out the label on the Asus', they have good graphic cards and such. Will edit post after taking a better look.

Offline Delija

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Life is looking up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 02:42:59 am »
I have a Window's 7, its from Dell, and I think it works pretty good for this kind of stuff
Signature by Adelish

Offline StarTheEmoWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Ello Lovez.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 01:39:32 pm »
I have one more question. Would you suggest a Laptop or a Desktop,  Or would
it not matter?
Mer.. <'x'>

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 03:37:57 pm »
To play a game like FeralHeart you'd be able to do so on either no matter what sort of computer you might get, however.

This question of laptop or desktop is all down to a matter of personal preferences. If you want to be able to carry your computer around a lot, move it, sit in different places and work/play on it, then you'd want a laptop. If you want to sit more comfortable at a desk and have a computer running for longer times, no need to charge constantly or worry about general "wear and tear", you'd want a desktop computer. Of course you could get both as well, but not everyone love computers that much nor want to spend so much money on something that pretty much does the same thing.

I can list some quick and somewhat obvious pros and cons list for you and one can determine a bit more themselves what is worth and what is not. I know this could be explained in a more detailed manner, but this is generally speaking.

Pros Laptop:
-Easy to move around and use in different places
-Unbox it and use it, you don't need to get a lot of extra things.
-It barely takes up any space.

Cons Laptop:
-Laptops tend to run more hot due to the limited space it's all packed into, especially if playing games.
-You need to charge your battery, and the overall lifetime of a battery can vary a lot.
-Not everyone carry around things like a mouse, keyboard and a bigger external monitor so the "experience" might not be as good.
-If something breaks hardware wise on your laptop, it's not as easy to fix it, and in some cases hard to replace at all.
-Due to the smaller form factor, you pay more for less in many cases.

Pros Desktop:
-More value for your money when it comes to raw computing power.
-Easier to maintain and fix if something breaks or needs to be replaced.
-No need to worry about charging it or your battery going dead.

Cons Desktop:
-You need to spend some money on things like a monitor, mouse and keyboard unless you already possess this.
-You will be stuck at a desk most of the time or at least in your very home, this is not something you carry around obviously.
-It's bigger, what can I say.

There's more, and things could get even more detailed but this is just general speaking.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline ArcticFrenzy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcticFrenzy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 09:56:02 am »
build one...i made one a few weeks ago...so if you need help, just ask me via PM :)
I am the creator of The Tails Of Feral Hearts.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcticFrenzy

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 04:04:15 am »
I have a Cimpaq 6910 HP laptop. It runs fairly smoothly and it's pretty good with maps, markings etc. minor lag but I can't complain. It's got Windows 7 and I've had it for about 2 years, maybe? I wouldn't recommend it because it's a fairly old version, 2011-2013 computers will probably be better. Alienware is alright...

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline ArcticFrenzy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcticFrenzy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 07:55:31 am »
found the video with mine...its runs all maps at 100FPS...but its pretty high budget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26arDZb78CE
I am the creator of The Tails Of Feral Hearts.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcticFrenzy

Offline Reanaw

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 09:28:06 am »