Author Topic: Connection problem??  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Hjordis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Connection problem??
« on: November 03, 2013, 09:32:59 pm »
Hi everyone. :)

I'm just wondering if there is a solution to this problem... When I'm at home and I have internet connection, I usually have no problem connecting to and loading the game. But during the week days when I come back to college (I live on campus) I cannot connect at any time, regardless of how good my connection to the internet is. Like right now, my connection is good, I have full bars and my browser is loading fast when I'm browsing, but when I try to connect to the game I get "cannot connect to front server".

It can't be my firewall can it? Otherwise I wouldn't be able to connect at home? I don't know. I'm not that great with IT. xD

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Connection problem??
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 09:40:30 pm »
It could be, if you connect to a different Wifi, that they have their firewall on or it may as well
be yours, or they block certain things.

That's just a sugestion since I have no idea about that stuff XD

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 11:56:01 pm »
Some public connections are very strict with what sort of traffic that is let through and only open up certain ports to be used for this, even in some cases people have the same issue on their own routers and it just will not let you connect to the FH game servers.

I'm afraid I do not know which ports is used for this if it would matter, but since it's a campus connection and they don't want mischief, many ports might not be open that is needed. In all honesty I'm not certain if uPnP would have anything to do with this, or if it could be a matter of it being disabled. Usually though, when the game server is up and online but you still encounter "Failed to connect to front server" it usually has to do with the ports not being opened up/firewalled, or the fact that you have an antivirus software/firewall that cuts off the connection to "protect" you.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline bella166

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 03:00:22 pm »
I cant get in either but im at home with full signal

Offline bella166

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 03:14:58 pm »
im starting to get angry with feralheart because its not letting play and this CANOT CONNECT TO FRONT SERVER is stupid feralheart needs to fix that right away

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:36:32 pm »
im starting to get angry with feralheart because its not letting play and this CANOT CONNECT TO FRONT SERVER is stupid feralheart needs to fix that right away

Bella, it can't be Feral Heart fault as me and my friends can log on fine. And if you read what Red has just said and the other comments, you might understand.

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline bella166

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 06:00:46 pm »
like this has been going on for 3 months now and im getting mad but I know shouldn't