Author Topic: Roleplaying Signs?  (Read 2907 times)

Sandfury

Roleplaying Signs?
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:02:41 am »
So I have been rping for a bit of a long time, and I have seen people use -s- -vs- -c- (Although I believe that means continued.) and I am wondering what that might mean. :) Oh and if this is in the wrong place, please move it to where it needs to be, thank you. :)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplaying Signs?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 12:37:47 am »
-s- means short

-c- means continued (I think)

and I don't know about -vs-. I never heard of it. Perhaps very short? -drags a smarter person over- >_>

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:42:22 am by OreoHeroz »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:41:31 am »
Here are all the signs I commonly see in RP:

-s- Meaning: Short Post; apologizing for a short post

-d- Meaning: Done with post

-c- Meaning: Before last post

>>> (or) >> Meaning: These are usually used when typing a paragraph in Feral Heart. People use these because there is a limit on how much you can type

/(words)/ Meaning: Usually put before a thought or used to add emphasis to a word. Examples would be /I wonder what I will find today/ or /you/

"(Words)" Meaning: The ", or a quotation mark, are used around words when a character is speaking. Examples would be: Eclipse sat down and looked at the nearby creature. "Why hello there!" She barked.

>(words)< and <(words)> Meaning: When someone uses >< around a sentence, it's meant to be in a whispering tone. Usually when a character is telling a secret. <(words)> Is the exact opposite, and is used to show a character is yelling, or shouting.

*(words)* (or) -(words)- Meaning: Those are used to show action in some roleplays. An example would be *sits*, or -sits-. Not all RPs do this.

I'm not quite sure what -vs- means, perhaps very short? Eh, I'll have to look into that.

I hope I'm not forgetting any... >.>
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:44:20 am by AlphaEclipse »

Sandfury

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 01:00:19 am »
Ahehe. Thank you anyways. ^-^ Although, maybe I was derping out when I think I heard someone put -vs- I'm not sure. xD

Offline FighterWolf399

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 11:57:30 pm »
Like they said
-s- is saying the post they just made was short

-c- means continued or they mass also use >>

-d- means done and some may use <<

-vs- is very short.

I hope that helped.

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 08:45:03 am »
-s- Means short as in the post is really short and they can do longer sentences.

-vs- Indeed, means very short as in the post is really short and they can do longer if needed/wanted.

If you do, however, happen to stumble across someone typing -vvs- in there, it means very, very short

-c- As Alpha stated, means continued as in they haven't finished posting yet.

-d- Means done which says that they have finished their post and are awaiting someone to reply/interact.

I sometimes use -vvssdiuehdufshfds- which means:
THIS SENTENCE IS SO SHORT ARGH I'M SORRY
BUT--

Hope this helped and sorry if I missed anything!

? Signature by Pokrovka ?