Author Topic: Some preset help?  (Read 3831 times)

AlphaEclipse

Re: Some preset help?
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 08:19:16 pm »
Ah, ok, so a limit of 12 exported presets total correct?

And back to question number 2, I applied the coding to the preset_11 file so that I can make transparent wings and it's not working, the wings in the Preset Maker appear as black and yellow and not as I want them. Do they have to be completely invisible? Because that's not my intension, I'm trying to make the membrane (or the arm as you might call it) non-transparent, and the wing part in between the membrane transparent.

Yesh.

No, the preset doesn't have to be erased fully. You can just erase the parts chu want invisible. :3 Are you completely sure you saved it as a .png and coded to match the names that you saved the actual preset body parts as?

If that didn't work, could chu either PM me the .material code you are using or you could post it right here. :3 I'll go over it to see if everything's correct/

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 05:59:12 am »
Well I could try to post what info is needed...I might take a screenshot of the wing opened in GIMP just to show how its colored and to make the transparency more obvious. I am sure however that I am saving it as a .png file format, the coding though I am unsure of, I've never done this before so I don't know much about coding XD

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 02:07:26 pm »
Well I could try to post what info is needed...I might take a screenshot of the wing opened in GIMP just to show how its colored and to make the transparency more obvious. I am sure however that I am saving it as a .png file format, the coding though I am unsure of, I've never done this before so I don't know much about coding XD

To make transparency cone up on the wing, you just erase the areas you want transparent.

If you go into the mat file and cope the code, paste it on here and put this around it:

Code: [Select]
[.code][./code]
Just ignore the dots ^_^

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 04:18:11 am »
Lol don't worry I know, but what I mean is the webbing of the wing is partly transparent so if I posted it here it would be hard to tell because of the forum background, and I've used the code thing before on the forums ;)

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 04:27:20 am »
Alright, as I said here is the wing opened in GIMP, the membrane is fully there, but the webbing of it is partly transparent meaning its opacity is turned down but still visible

As for the code, I used the one you gave me and still it doesn't work
material preset_11_equipMatL
{
      receive_shadows on
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
                     ambient 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
                    diffuse 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
                     specular 0.050000 0.050000 0.050000 1.000000 12.500000
                     emissive 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000
                    cull_hardware none
                     cull_software none
                     scene_blend alpha_blend
             alpha_rejection greater_equal 128
                     texture_unit
         {
            texture Transparentbody.png
                         tex_address_mode wrap
                         filtering trilinear
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_11_equipMatR
{
      receive_shadows on
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
                     specular 0.050000 0.050000 0.050000 1.000000 12.500000
                    cull_hardware none
                     cull_software none
                     scene_blend alpha_blend
                     texture_unit
         {
            texture Transparentbody.png
                         tex_address_mode wrap
                         filtering trilinear
         }
      }
   }
}

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 05:03:17 am »
I'm certain it must be fully transparent for the transparency to take effect unless you use another code. (That's how mine work anyway.) I'm not to familiar with using this code, but I'm sure it's not to hard. (It's not modified for wings yet!)
material preset_4_bodyMatL
{
    receive_shadows on
    technique
    {
        pass
        {
            scene_blend alpha_blend
            fog_override true
            specular 0.050000 0.050000 0.050000 1.000000
            cull_hardware none
            cull_software none
            texture_unit
            {
                texture Texture.png (make your texture slightly trasparent, the rest no texture at all)
                tex_address_mode wrap
                filtering trilinear
            }
        }
    }
}

Anyways, You have to save the wings as transparentbody.png, just like in the .material file.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:12:12 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 05:11:18 am »
If you need some more assistance in this preset I am willing to lend a helping paw for ya. But it seems like Alpha is doing a really good job now :)
Just don't forget how you save your materials and how you title them in the coding?
btw, I love your signature Shasta, Code Lyoko was my fave show when it aired on TV
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:13:19 am by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 05:42:36 am »
Ok, but I don't think I understand the (make your texture slightly trasparent, the rest no texture at all) part though

And thanks Feareh

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 08:57:28 am »
I'm certain it must be fully transparent for the transparency to take effect unless you use another code. (That's how mine work anyway.) I'm not to familiar with using this code, but I'm sure it's not to hard. (It's not modified for wings yet!)
Not really. You can use the opacity levels to make it see through and there for will be see through in Game. I tried this transparent coding when working on Bakus wings when wanting a solid figure yet the webbing in the wings be see through yet still be somewhat visible.
HOWEVER, the current coding you have now will create unusual blocks in the wings. Yes it will be see through, but ntoa appealing see through.
If you are wanting parts of a preset to be somewhat visible yet still have that solid look then use the transparent coding you could use the current coding to make a completely invisible wing to where it looks like your character is floating. Just remember when you are done then save your file as a png so that way the transparent effect will work
NOTE: jpgs are NOT going to work with the transparent coding since they are already a solid picture
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:26:41 am by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 08:14:38 pm »
Not really. You can use the opacity levels to make it see through and there for will be see through in Game. I tried this transparent coding when working on Bakus wings when wanting a solid figure yet the webbing in the wings be see through yet still be somewhat visible.
HOWEVER, the current coding you have now will create unusual blocks in the wings. Yes it will be see through, but ntoa appealing see through.
If you are wanting parts of a preset to be somewhat visible yet still have that solid look then use the transparent coding you could use the current coding to make a completely invisible wing to where it looks like your character is floating. Just remember when you are done then save your file as a png so that way the transparent effect will work
NOTE: jpgs are NOT going to work with the transparent coding since they are already a solid picture

Oohoho! I'mma have to experiment with the opacity sometime. Never seemed to work with my program before.
And any type of preset that has coding like that must be a .png to work. .jpg won't work for them.

Gawd Feareh. x'D You're so good at explaining sturf.