Author Topic: FeralHeart crashes when it opens  (Read 2380 times)

Offline xXEpicnessXx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • -Le poof- ._.'
    • View Profile
FeralHeart crashes when it opens
« on: November 23, 2013, 12:17:39 am »
So I cant get my Fh to work I can use torrent neither can i download it and I have windows 7 dell.I looked through the forums pages and pages until I couldn't look anymore.Nothing worked or either I just didnt understand.Feral heart has been working all the time a month1/2 it was still working and it stopped at first it said a file was missing and that wasnt such a big problem for me then FeralHeart,exe stopped working everytime I opened it and it wasn't a big problem then but now no matter how many times I tried restarting it and it never did work I hope someone has dealed with this problem and fixed it and can tell me how to fix it..
[/url]

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: FeralHeart crashes when it opens
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:40:58 am »
A file is missing? Is that what you said? If so, just uninstall the game then reinstall it. ^^ That should get back that missing file s you can play again.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »
Is it possible that your particles duplicated maybe? Those make your FH crash straight away, go through your FH Particles folder and delete the ones that end in _0. If not I would recommend just re installing FH. If you want to save any maps, presets or screenshots, place them in a different folder then place them back into your HF folder when you re install FH.
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 01:23:12 pm »
When un installing use the ready made uninstaller that is in the main FeralHeart folder. Once you have un installed it from there, delete the FeralHeart folder afterwards, then re-install the game from the 'Download' button, not the torrent. If it still isn't opening then try right clicking the game icon on your desktop and select 'open as administrator'.

Still not working? Then go into your new FeralHeart folder and open up the 'ogre' config file in notepad and replace what is inside with this:
Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=0
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
VSync Interval=1
Video Mode=1280 x 800
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
FSAA=None
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
VSync=No
Video Mode=800 x 600 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No

Make sure to click save after! Once that is done, re-launch FeralHeart or restart your computer for the programming to kick in. Good luck!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone