Author Topic: Species segrigation?  (Read 1426 times)

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Species segrigation?
« on: November 23, 2013, 07:42:16 am »
Any one else notice that people only seem to be willing to interact with characters of the same species as their current character? Perhaps I am somehow compleatly wrong and everywhere but where I go is filled to bursting with role plays smothered in diversity, however this seems rather uncommon. And to tell the truth it's super annoying, feral heart is a game where a totally unique character of just about any species is possible so why restrict ones self to only interacting with others of the same type. In my most recent experience with this type of behavior was when I was wasteing time laying around on my melanisic leopard character Kith Kanan. Anyway a lioness decided to approach me seeing as I was currently in character a small random role play sprung up. Now everything seemed to be going fine before I corrected her on Kith not being a liger in any way, shape or form, (poor Kith had his pride stung so badly) at this point she apologized for wasteing my time, said she had thought Kith was at least part lion and poofed. 

Does anybody have any idea why this type of self imposed species segregation happens? Anybody who can explain it to myself is greatly appreciated. 

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Species segrigation?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:52:00 pm »
Hm..... I've noticed this as well . . . Now I'm mildly curious, wonder why...

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 04:04:25 pm »
I've seen it often but I've always been very versatile I rp as anything in any kind of rp just for fun in fact I've always wanted to be the odd one in rps so example when joining a lion rp I want to be a cheetah etc. It's more fun to rp in groups with a diversity of species. I think most people avoid it though because they may not know how those animals would interact or perhaps they aren't familiar with certain different species so they avoid getting into unfamiliar situations. In real life it isn't uncommon for different species to interact or share the same vicinity. I think most of these types of issues just come about because most users are not doing their research.

Offline sashalove

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • #Don'tBreathe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:19:59 pm »
Yeah, I have also seen it. back in my days, usually I see one character of a species and another of a different one. Once the different species notices the other, sooner or later. he/she is the same species as the other. But then I hear: "Hey wanna be my mate and stuff?" and I'm like wow, okay then? But, I'm thinking their going to still continue the species interaction today I suppose.
Didn't they tell you that I was a savage?
Fxxk your white horse and a carriage
Bet you never could imagine
Never told you, you could have it
You needed me
Ooh, you needed me
~Rihanna: Needed Me