Author Topic: Lemme at that defaultness!  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Kendel

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Moved. Moved. Moved.
    • View Profile
Lemme at that defaultness!
« on: November 29, 2013, 06:26:20 pm »
I'm 98% sure this isn't possible. Without the source code, at least.
So do you know when you're in map maker and all that; and the default character is a brownish lioness? Is there any way to change that little minion? cx

With poptarts,
TechieDelay

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemme at that defaultness!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 06:31:25 pm »
Your first statement was correct, you cannot, sadly.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:32:05 pm »
No I don't think there is a way to literally change that. I think that was already embedded in the game and really can't be switched out. Besides when making maps, the default lion was made just so you can test your map.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Kendel

• Experienced Traveler
  • Moved. Moved. Moved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »
Your first statement was correct, you cannot, sadly.

I just knew it. Thanks for replying. x3

No I don't think there is a way to literally change that. I think that was already embedded in the game and really can't be switched out. Besides when making maps, the default lion was made just so you can test your map.

I think that might be a cool thing to be added if the game ever does get updated - probably it will never be thrown in, unless another few patches come out first(; Thanks for correctin' me, anyways<3

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 08:05:22 pm »
Murr no. Following the two, it's plainly made for just testing maps. I don't think you'd need a colorful character, because it'll probably return back to default then you'd have to make it again.

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 08:10:47 pm »
I think that might be a cool thing to be added if the game ever does get updated - probably it will never be thrown in, unless another few patches come out first(; Thanks for correctin' me, anyways<3

I think the reason it wasn't added is because it's not exactly necessary.
I use the test lion just to look at object placement, size comparison, collisions, etc., so it doesn't need to really be customizable.
Though, if at any point you want to test a map using your character, it's really easy to do so. Every time you save the map, it updates a .map file for it. So all you have to do is log in, have a character climb through the portal, and leave it there, so whenever you log in, it's in that map, and you can look at your new stuff.
Yet I will say, it would be nicer to just be able to customize that test lion. xD

Offline xxRedfangxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 08:15:23 pm »
There is no way to get the source code though sad to say.

Free Hugs!

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 08:36:31 pm »
As the others have already said, there's no way without the source code. And like Ruby already said, the lion doesn't really need to be customizable.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 09:36:54 pm »
I don't think customizing the lion is anything necessary since it's just made for testing out collisions and such- so I see no particular use of it being colorful since basically none can see it [Only in screenshots.]

Offline Kendel

• Experienced Traveler
  • Moved. Moved. Moved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 08:17:52 am »

I think the reason it wasn't added is because it's not exactly necessary.
I use the test lion just to look at object placement, size comparison, collisions, etc., so it doesn't need to really be customizable.
Though, if at any point you want to test a map using your character, it's really easy to do so. Every time you save the map, it updates a .map file for it. So all you have to do is log in, have a character climb through the portal, and leave it there, so whenever you log in, it's in that map, and you can look at your new stuff.
Yet I will say, it would be nicer to just be able to customize that test lion. xD

Yeah I was just wondering because if I do finish my map I wouldn't be able to log in because my IP address was probably hacked. So it would be cool to have your own charrie there in the test map. Make sense? :P