Author Topic: Preset help!!  (Read 1367 times)

Offline amber321

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Preset help!!
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:13:49 am »
I downloaded a free preset from Deviantart and no matter what I do can't get it to work!! Like it doesn't show up when I click use preset. Please help!!
hElLo

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Preset help!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:55:54 am »
Are you sure you've downloaded and/or exported it correctly? I'm a bit rustic when it comes to explanations so mere look below at a tutorial made by Ms. Buffy. Hope this helps ye' out a bit.

How to download a ready made preset.

Oh. So you want to learn more do you? Ok, well I guess I have time.

The first thing you want to do is get the ready made preset URL and type it into the URL box in your browser.

After that it will lead you to a file sharing site such as Mediafire, sendspace etc... Once you've done that click download and then come back!

You're back so soon? But I was in the middle of eating! But I might as well stay and tell you the rest.. I guess. So, once you have selected download, click save and go into your downloads and you should see a folder called 'Preset_1' [Or 2, 3, 5, 6.. You get the idea.] If you see the folder, place it into; Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\My Presets. Then REPLACE the folder if it tells you to. Once you've done that, come back.

-Taps foot in boredom-

Oh, so you're finally back. Took your time. So lets move on! Once you've done that, go into FeralHeart\Tools\Preset Maker and go to the last section. You should see a box that looks like this:

Select the preset number that is the same number of what is on the folder you downloaded and come back once you've found it.

You're back again? So I'm guessing you've found the preset you're looking for. If you have - click 'Export' which is under the box and Restart FH. After that, log in and choose a character in character creator, select 'Edit' and go to the last section as shown below:

Preset not working? Then follow these solutions:

Solution one: Go into Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\My Presets and search for the one you replaced earlier. Now there should be a Preset_#.CFG in there with the number that matches the file you have. Make sure that they're all saved as the same file type at the image that needs to be a .PNG file. If it isn't - then change it to .PNG at the end. Example:

material preset_7_bodyMatL
{
                receive_shadows on
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
                                                alpha_rejection greater_equal 128
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_7body.PNG
         }
      }
   }
}

Then save and export the preset again in preset maker.

Solution two: Make sure that the preset image is saved with the height and width of 512x512. If you don't know how to find out, look at the image below:

Got any more questions? Ask below!
gone

Offline amber321

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Preset help!!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:12:05 am »
hElLo