Author Topic: The Rant  (Read 5904 times)

Offline Kendel

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Moved. Moved. Moved.
    • View Profile
The Rant
« on: December 06, 2013, 05:01:57 pm »
Alright. Random title. Since it's nearly Christmas, let's call it the Christmas Rant. Okay, wait, no. This has nothing to do with Christmas. This will most likely be my longest, first and possibly last rant. I will explain my theories of most wrong happenings here on the game, and the not-so-possible solutions. I agree that FeralHeart is a fun place with nice graphics and a loving, helpful community, but hey, there are always the trolls that mess around and ruin it. There is a few annoyances and bugs here, but that's not my problem right now. It's the people. You don't have to read on, since it might be long, and you could get unintentionally offended.
This thread is not directed towards any certain individual. Thank yew.

Nobody's perfect, and there are usually cruel people everywhere. It's a cruel world most of the time, you know. People judge and ruin other peoples fun just for the sake of it. I'm sure most of you people would agree that this is wrong. Either way, there are people that help others, behave mannerly, and contribute to the well being of the communities they are attached too. I will briefly /not/ explain some problems around here.

Creativity: What happened?
First, what's wrong with neons or bright characters? Nothing. Usually when people see a neon character, they instantly think that they are stupid illiterates. People also say that they are unrealistic brats. It is completely wrong. Many would say that realistic colors mean brown, black, white, beige, or any color that you would normally see on a canine or feline. I have made the mistake of calling that realistic too, but I've never ran up to someone and shouted: ''Oooh! u unrlistic neon! ur so stupid hahahaaaa!!11!!!1'' So, let me explain. Realistic may be brown or black, but that's not all. Blue is realistic - it's the color of the sky. The sky is realistic, isn't it? Green is too - like the grass. Shades of yellow? The sun. Orange, red, or purple? The color of many different kinds of butterflies or flowers. Everything I've just said is realistic - it has somewhere it belongs. Nature. Nature is realistic. Of course, you wouldn't have a 'realistic' purple lion or a green wolf, but what if it's an Original Character? Second, I've seen many cases where people use wolf/lion models to make different creatures, whether it be humans or horses. What's wrong with that? Be creative! This game only has two models - make good use of them. Don't ruin others feelings towards being unique.

Think before you speak.
Don't run up to someone and suddenly blurt out that they are idiots! That's what I see most people do nowadays. It's called cyber-bullying. If someone is mean to you, don't react harshly. Calmly ask them to stop - and if they don't, there is always the Report and Block buttons. A harsh reaction only builds up more anger - and then things get ugly. If someone annoys you to the brink of insanity, button it. You could really hurt the other person's feelings, and then you'll also be in the wrong. If people thought before they spoke, it would be a completely different world!

Sorry if I seemed to offend anyone - and it's not really that long, I don't want to blurt my whole story out. But anyways, what are your thoughts on this?

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Rant
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:19:24 pm »
Yeah most of these are ligitimate problems... But one thing was "Realistic" thing. When they say realistic they mean realistic for that species. Not nature in general.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Kendel

• Experienced Traveler
  • Moved. Moved. Moved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 08:31:42 pm »
Yeah most of these are ligitimate problems... But one thing was "Realistic" thing. When they say realistic they mean realistic for that species. Not nature in general.

Yus, I think I said that somewhere around the purple lion/green wolf thing. But people randomly run up to others and say: ''Ahahaha ur illiterate!!11'' When really they mightn't know why they are that certain color, or if even a wolf/lion species. That's what I meant haha. xD

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 08:56:54 pm »
Yeah, I know about that. Someone ran up to me once and said my black coyote was stupid and wrong. Told them to Google black coyote. They came back and just walked away. These are the less mature people around Feral Heart. It's hard to find nice people here nowadays. Just keep looking out for these few people. The search is worth it. Or, you could hang out with someone here on the forums. Were're mostly pretty cool people. xD

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 09:11:22 pm »
I completely agree with you, this all needs to stop. Now.
Although I have never once ran up to a neon and call them unrealistic and illiterate, like you said, I've seen others do it.
I once made a warrior cat that was blue-grey. People immediately called me unrealistic and illiterate. What is this madness?? There are blue cats -.-'

See? I was that color and they said that cats could never be blue.
I also made a cat with blue eyes once and was called off by some user saying that "Cats can't have blue eyes". That user obviously isn't the expert when it comes to felines xP

And also, apparently you're now illiterate if you make one typo or get your and you're mixed up with your and you're.  At least according to these great and wonderful "Grammar Gods". I actually met one who spelled grammar as grammer xD
See? No ones perfect, just like no one can pause an online game.

~Starry
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:11:53 am by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Kendel

• Experienced Traveler
  • Moved. Moved. Moved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 08:16:44 am »
Yeah, I know about that. Someone ran up to me once and said my black coyote was stupid and wrong. Told them to Google black coyote. They came back and just walked away. These are the less mature people around Feral Heart. It's hard to find nice people here nowadays. Just keep looking out for these few people. The search is worth it. Or, you could hang out with someone here on the forums. Were're mostly pretty cool people. xD

Derp.. that must have been embarrassing.

I completely agree with you, this all needs to stop. Now.
Although I have never once ran up to a neon and call them unrealistic and illiterate, like you said, I've seen others do it.
I once made a warrior cat that was blue-grey. People immediately called me unrealistic and illiterate. What is this madness?? There are blue cats -.-'

I also made a cat with blue eyes once and was called off by some user saying that "Cats can't have blue eyes". That user obviously isn't the expert when it comes to felines xP

And also, apparently you're now illiterate if you make one typo or get your and you're mixed up with your and you're.  At least according to these great and wonderful "Grammar Gods". I actually met one who spelled grammar as grammer xD
See? No ones perfect, just like no one can pause an online game.

~Starry

I agree wiff yew too! x3 Anyway, of course there is blue cats. They should really carry a dictionary ;3;
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:22:18 pm by Techie'xo »

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 12:56:33 pm »
The Russian Blue/Simiese mixs is sometimes blue with blue eyes. Someone wasn't the smartest little kid in class.

Offline Kendel

• Experienced Traveler
  • Moved. Moved. Moved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 01:20:43 pm »
The Russian Blue/Simiese mixs is sometimes blue with blue eyes. Someone wasn't the smartest little kid in class.

Buurnn! People should really think twice, they could be proved wrong in the end, haha.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 01:25:03 pm »
I'm like a walking animal dictionary. I know alot about animals. I can prove just about anyone wrong on the subject. Same with dinosaurs.

Sir Equius

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 07:20:35 pm »

D--> Oh my... I've seen that thread before, and that has to be the biggest FAIL I've ever seen. I don't know what world they live in, but cats with blue eyes definatly exist. I used to own a siamese/yello tabby mix, and she had some icy  blue eyes.