Author Topic: When you alter a mesh.  (Read 1314 times)

Offline flamethunder

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Orange sloth parties. :p
    • View Profile
    • www.Flamethunder.webs.com
When you alter a mesh.
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:01:53 am »
Ok, So I've been making maps for a while now but now in ONE map I decided to take the Crystal,Plateau and Cave mesh from the game and change the materials; The map download is fine, people see everythihng I put there except the altered cave, crystal and plateau. Anybody know how I can fix this??

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: When you alter a mesh.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:44:49 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, I don't believe you're allowed to alter a mesh (either that or I don't understand the statement below, 'cause y'know, that happens a lot :P)

Altering Game Files
Do NOT alter any of the decrypted files or codes for the game that might affect the maps and/or gameplay. Giving you an advantage or not, the files should remain intact unless you are given a permission to change them. If you are caught doing this you will most likely face a longer ban.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:18:45 pm by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 02:21:49 pm »
I'm not to familar with meshes, but I may be able to help. Are you taking the exact ones from the game and just retexturing them?  Or are you working with another mesh and you just switched them out? If you are just switching them out, I'd recomend making another meah altogether.

And, (Not sure if this is exact) but if you used Blender to create a whole new mesh, don't you have to convert the file using a mesh converter?

Could yew possibly  copy and paste the .mat here? c:

(Sorry I couldn't truely help, I'm just not to good with meshes.)

Offline flamethunder

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Orange sloth parties. :p
    • View Profile
    • www.Flamethunder.webs.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 03:41:28 pm »
Thank you both, I am not using the exact mesh and editing it, I' taking the ave mesh and giving it a new material then saving it as an entirely new object, it doesn't affect my gameplay so I see no way in wich it's breaking rules. :)
AlpaEclipse, I am using the same cave mesh from the game and giving it the material  file 'ShrubMat3/Leaf' the one used on 'Large shrub' object. :)