Author Topic: Game keeps crashing after updating graphic card drivers  (Read 1362 times)

Offline AirWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Whatever I say, in-game or here, don't trust it.
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt
Game keeps crashing after updating graphic card drivers
« on: December 19, 2013, 11:53:52 am »
Well, since one of games I was willing to play forced me to update my graphic drivers in order to set-up it, since then my FH wasn't working.

So, it has gone like this:
- I logged on, chose one of my characters and pressed 'Edit'. Then my game crashed. Tryed once again.
- For the third time I started FH, it crashed immediately after developer screens (the first two that pop-up before you enter main menu/log in screen)

Tryed to change subsystems - both crashed on the same point.
Checked for duplicates - none found.
Checked all the logs I could find in game folder - file 'log.log' had these lines in it:
full path: D:\FeralHeart\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
redirecting device->Reset
initialising shader environment

Any suggestions/ideas?

---

EDIT: Actually, it fired up after restarting computer for several times. Seems like it needed to familiarise with new environment.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:29:30 pm by -Rover- »
DeviantArt: wolfcost.deviantart.com
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfcost

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Game keeps crashing after updating graphic card drivers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »
Hm. This is a very peculiar thing to happen. I am not sure what is going on, but I think, if you reset your computer/laptop (saving all your important files you want to keep and what not) and re-downloading FH. That is the only suggestion I have that would most likely work in these sorts of cases. But when I reset my laptop it lost all the internet drivers and so forth for me to be able to use the internet.

If you try this remember there is always a risk, maybe get your father or mother to help you.

But I hope you succeed in fixing the issue :)

~Sigyn
Side account for Sigyn

Offline Strong_At_Heart

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Game keeps crashing after updating graphic card drivers
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:37:45 pm »
I agree with RedClowny with this, You should just find a place for your files, restart the computer and if you really need to, re download Feral.