Author Topic: Map Maker  (Read 2709 times)

Offline deathstreak

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Map Maker
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:13:33 am »
Alright so here is the issue I have made a map using Gimp when I load it in the map creation it loaded just fine everything was great.  I started to put object into the map again everything was great.  Then I wanted to do a map link to another map I had created, now the first map after I succesfully map linked the two wont show the little corner map that supposed to be at the upper right hand side, it has the little square where it should be but it is all black and fuzzy, I dont know why it is doing that and honestly this doesn't bother me to me its no big deal but I am going to make it for public use and I want others to be able to use the mini map to locate friends or areas within the actual map.  I hope that makes sence and that their is a sulution to my problem. (GOD MY SPELLING TODAY IS HORRIFYING)
If you ain't crazy you ain't normal

Offline crosscreature

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Ew
    • cross-creature
    • Cross Creature
    • View Profile
Re: Map Maker
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:11:12 am »
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at, but are you saying the mini map isn't working?

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:49:01 am »
I think you just might have made some small mistake(s) on gate-ing I would recommend you to check some tutorials. But I think the Red's tutorial is really good so I will just copy it to here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGLY79x4yg
Hopefully it works :3
shhh noone knows me

Offline shayy

• Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 05:14:48 pm »
im confused-are you saying the you wanted to make a map inside a map (mini-map)? You probably jut mad e a mistake, try re- doing stuff
pm for free art i need practice

Offline deathstreak

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 05:23:50 pm »
Ok I know the way I worded it was hard to understand,  The map in the corner that shows where you are and where your friends are located with the yellow dots its that one I am not sure what it is called thats why I called it a mini map. 

Offline nicekind

• Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 05:48:54 pm »
Ok I know the way I worded it was hard to understand,  The map in the corner that shows where you are and where your friends are located with the yellow dots its that one I am not sure what it is called thats why I called it a mini map. 

Oke now am confused by mahself. What is the problem then? The minimap won't show up?
try to press "v"
Or idk I am getting really confused with this. Sorry.
shhh noone knows me

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »
The height map in corner that shows where your friends are at. Right, I understand. Are you saying the that the portal location doesn't show up on that map? It's not supposed to.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline shayy

• Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 08:05:21 pm »
Oh yes i understand what you are trying to figure out (I think xD). So just press "tab" on your keyboard in game and hopefully it will come back. Are all your other options missing too? (ie. actions, bio, etc...) if not then I'm not sure what's wrong.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline deathstreak

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 09:33:05 pm »
 dont know how to explain it.  OK so I am trying to make a map.  Now in the right hand side you have a small square that shows the mini verision of your map you know the one that shows yellow dots when a friend is near.  Anyways it is their its just shows a small yellow arrow of where you are but the rest of it is black it doesn't show the design of the map that you've made like it supposed to, all it shows is your arrow.   I hope that this is a better description I took a pic but it wont let me upload it

Offline deathstreak

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 09:35:09 pm »