Author Topic: Unable to Run FH (-Fixed)  (Read 1449 times)

SoulRevenge

Unable to Run FH (-Fixed)
« on: December 20, 2013, 02:10:32 pm »
Okay, so maybe what I'm adding here applies a bit more thoroughly than the fact that I can not run FH, but if I'm going to ask one question I might as well add on whatever else may be related to it.

So as of recently, I got a new laptop- practically new, anyway. We got a professional to replace my hard drive (which was corrupted, thus I can not get on anything) with a new hard drive. Windows 7 after I requested he switch it around from 8. Point-blank, after downloading FH alongside SurgeonSimulator, Slender, and a few other free Unity Games I had in previous (I have yet to obtain my digital copy of A Machine for Pigs, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and the Penumbra series), that and Minecraft. After running updates downloaded from even the official HP site,  I was unable to run any of these games. (FeralHeart and other Unity games stopped working, Minecraft had a 'crash report').

I am incapable of even playing standard computer games such as Solitaire or Minesweeper, which report that I 'need to update my video cards' (and thus I have, though I don't know if I did it the RIGHT way), or change my hard drive acceleration. This applies for all games I have tried, including games emended into my browser, however specifically discludes any other applications such as Skype or simply my browsers. If anyone has any suggestions, could you help me out a bit? I believe I'd like to try changing my hard drive acceleration but I dunno how, so even if you're not a master on the subject an explanation on that would be appreciated.
 -Calliph
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:24:15 pm by Calliph »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to Run FH
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:22:46 pm »
Try this for both FeralHeart and your Unity games:

Right click the game icon on your desktop and select "Properties"
then click on "Compatibility and follow the instructions in the image above.
When you reach the dropdown box, select the format you are using~
Finally, click "Apply" then "OK".

Hope this helps~ Good luck!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 02:37:02 pm »
Thank you so much for the astonishingly fast reply, but unfortunately this didn't solve my FeralHeart-not-responding issue, as well as Unity Games/Minecraft. I'll keep your info in mind, though, for possible future reference. I went through the trouble of running through every setting (quite uselessly and necessary, I know) just to confirm I'm clicking the right format.

Offline Loumental

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • iPeanutbutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 02:41:28 pm »
I feel a little stupid for this, but does your laptop have Ogre installed?
The ogre thing is definitely not the issue.. However, if you don't get a direct answer I would suggest looking up some things on Google (or whatever browser you use) or call back a professional.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

ID by Ruffian323
Signature by StygianInk

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 02:43:09 pm »
Hmm that's strange.. Has your Graphics card recently been updated too?

SoulRevenge

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 02:56:20 pm »
Yes, they've been updated quite recently. I got the graphics card package/update (or whatever you'd call it, but it's the most recent one) on the official HP site, and have gone through an update Windows recently requested that I do.

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 03:03:43 pm »
Hmm that's strange.. Has your Graphics card recently been updated too?
sorry about your computer problems.. They really suck
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 03:05:05 pm »
Oh, then I don't know what else to suggest other than deleting anything you could have possibly installed/downloaded after everything was returned to you~
Or maybe un installing then re-installing everything again, good luck anyway :]

SoulRevenge

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 03:07:24 pm »
Alright, thanks for all you're help! I'll update this thread after re-downloading or deleting anything installed after I got my computer back. Thank you guys for all your concern over the subject, it's really appreciated~

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 03:20:02 pm »
Not a problem~ ^^ I'll keep looking into the situation if all else fails~