Author Topic: SealQuest (New WIP game, in need of members and staff.) {Link added.}  (Read 3446 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Alright, so, I'll tell you guys a bit about SealQuest.

Link:
 http://sealquest.freeforums.net/

To start things off, I'm hoping that this game can be out later this year, or maybe early next year, but due to

the lack of GD, it may be later than that. I'm unsure.

Thanks to Proboards, that's where SealQuest forum is.

You're basically playing as a seal in the arctic. Pretty straight forward. You'll have the option to choose

between being an adult, or a cub. You can choose between male, or female, also. If you choose to be an

adult, you'll be able to swim in the clear, icy waters in search of fish. If you so choose to, you can get a mate,

and start a family. Once a mother seal gives birth, another player can choose to be her pup. If no player

chooses to be so, the pup will just be a regular NPC. This game will most definitely be multiplayer, but you

can choose single player if you wish. In multiplayer, you'll be able to chat amongst your friends, form groups,

hunt, and explore together, roleplay, and more.

I know I'll likely be asked about character customization, so to get it out of the way now.. You will be able to

customize your seal, to a point. You can choose between realistic colors and hues for your seal, and mark it

however you please. I don't want to see unrealistic pink seals swimming about, so this is why the choices are

a bit limited here. However, eye color can be whatever you want, realistic or not, I truly don't care. I want

everything to be scaleable, which means you can choose your seals weight, size, flipped size, eye size, length

of your body, etc.. Obviously, if you're slender and small, you'll move more quickly. If your a rolly--polly, you'll

be a bit slower.

Also. Because I want to keep the structure of the game simple, it'll have a chat room system similar to WQ,

just because it's easy and convenient.

However, you can have up to 20 people in a chat, but you can of course limit how many you want.

I'm aiming for different maps, one map would consist of an entire land of ice and snow, while there's sizable

holes in the ice to allow you to go into the water, and explore possible sunken ships, or underwater caves.

Another map could consist of a more Spring-like-feel. Where there's grass instead of ice. Your seal could then

possibly flop about in the flowers.

Just because I find these sort of games frustrating, you cannot die in SealQuest. There will be no PVP, or

predators, just because it would take forever to model, and code.

The reason there is no predators is because I want the game to have a peaceful, beautiful flow, and I don't

want players to fret over their seals safety.

You can eat, and drink in this game. Eating will restore your energy, and lost health. (Which will go down to a

point if you don't eat.) Your prey will consist of fish, which you will have to catch.

There will be a chat system in the game. However, there won't be an iedibly exasperating filter. The only

words that will be blocked are the major swears, minor swears will be left alone. Other than those few words,

you can say anything you want.

Though, I do not want to see inappropriate behavior in the game. If you're really going to take it to hardcore

dating level, just set the chat to two, and carry it on privately.

Lastly, I'm hoping to include numerous actions, such as:

Sleeping/resting- Restore your health, and change the time of day.

Slapping- (Seals do slap other seals if frustrated.) This will just be a cute little

thing, your seal will hit another seal with a flipper.

Rolling- Your seal will pretty much just roll around and look precious.

Mating- The screen will turn black if you choose to mate with another player. (Available in Single, and

multiplayer.)

Alright, so that's SealQuest.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:21:02 pm by MacKenzie »

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: SealQuest (New WIP game, in need of members and staff.)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 02:53:30 pm »
Sorry for double-posting, but my phone cuts me off sometimes. It doesn't let me scroll down to the last paragraph I type.. It's annoying.

Anyways, that's basically the gist of SealQuest, may add more later when I think of more ideas and features to include.

Offline MoonlitSunlight

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 03:21:03 pm »
Sounds pretty cool! I like the idea. Best wishes~

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 05:55:33 pm »
Thank you, Moonlit!
I'm hopeful that this game progresses forward, there should be a multiplayer based game about all sorts of animals that allow you to be the animal.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: SealQuest (New WIP game, in need of members and staff.) {Link added.}
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 01:01:54 am »
*Awkwardly bumps.*

Offline sparks2709

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 01:47:53 am »
Have u started making this game yet? Mainly coding wise. I've seen a lot of ideas like this but none were actually created

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 04:17:39 pm »
This game hasn't yet been started, but me and a few of my staff are looking into Unity. I'm currently looking into Blender as well.
I also do have the real-life contracts to help with the game, such as hosting, and helping create the game. Due to my brother working for the gaming company Smite.
SealQuest is a game I'm determined to create, so it won't be an abandoned project, that I can assure.

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 04:55:45 pm »

Well this game sounds interesting! I canwait to try it out once its complete. But I do have a question; will you be able to chose different types of seals? Just because I know of a few but the leopard seal is one of my favorites along with a few others, and it would be pretty interesting with the different breeds.

Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline sparks2709

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 05:04:18 pm »
This game hasn't yet been started, but me and a few of my staff are looking into Unity. I'm currently looking into Blender as well.
I also do have the real-life contracts to help with the game, such as hosting, and helping create the game. Due to my brother working for the gaming company Smite.
SealQuest is a game I'm determined to create, so it won't be an abandoned project, that I can assure.

In that case u or ur team might want to learn unity before u get ur hopes up. And I adverise u to learn the basics of C# before jumping straight into game devloping.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 05:17:48 pm »
With character creation, you'll be able to make any sort of seal species. Since there are markings, scalable body parts, and different colored skins to choose from.
But I'll be sure to include presets as well for you.

And Sparks, I have used Unity in the past to make maps, I'm currently learning how to make a map that would suffice for the ones needed.
Developing the game will be a process, but it will get done. I'll slave over tutorials and guides until I can exceptionally use Blender and Unity.
Trust me, I'm already aware that it won't be simple.