Author Topic: Does FeralHeart work on Windows 8 or 8.1?  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Does FeralHeart work on Windows 8 or 8.1?
« on: December 25, 2013, 10:22:18 pm »
Sorry if this is probably asked or not, but I can't figure out if it's Norton or Windows 8 blocking all my downloads. It blocked both FH and IW. Does FeralHeart work on my OS? If you need a description of the issue, I got a new laptop for Christmas. Apparently the only Windows version Microsoft ships is Windows 8 and I don't know if FH works on it. A huge thank-you in advance to whoever replies, because this is starting to frustrate me!

Edit: I don't think it has to do with hard drive space, because this computer has about 632 of disk space...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:24:08 pm by Chapawee »
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

AlphaEclipse

Re: Does FeralHeart work on Windows 8 or 8.1?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 10:27:37 pm »
Oh yusyus it works on Windows 8. I'm using it right now! x]

Windows 8 isn't blocking it; pretty certian it's Norton. Go to Norton's main console and lower its internet settings. If that doesn't work, go and look at your internet settings. If that doesn't fix it, check dat firewall. That could be ze problem.

It's defiantly not the hard drive. I think it's 623 GB. That's huge. XD Mine (Windows 8 Dell) has 905 GB on it's C: Drive. To see how much yew have left, go to Compter and right click C: > properties.

EDIT: I just saw how much GB takes on my PC with mods, presets, maps, etc. It takes 1.69 GB. That's nothing compaired to a PC.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:32:23 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 11:10:35 pm »
I know for sure that some Windows 8 users they have that option to do a free upgrade to Windows 8.1
Really nothing does changes game wise. It will still work properly just like nothing happened.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 06:16:38 pm »
Ok, thanks guys! I got the update and it works fine now. *removes Norton* Problem solved. :)
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!