Author Topic: Any good brands to run FH?  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Loumental

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • iPeanutbutter
    • View Profile
Any good brands to run FH?
« on: December 27, 2013, 11:26:28 am »
Sorry if this topic has been made before, but I have a minor concern..

I'm getting a laptop in the January Sales, but I was wondering if anyone knew if FeralHeart (and other Impressive Title servers) would work on a Samsung Chromebook? I know it's a little bit new but maybe one of you have one already and know if downloadable Ogre games work on it? I would really like a Chromebook due to their speed, performance and style, but I would rather have FeralHeart. I've built up so many memories and great friends here since 2011 and I don't ever want it to end. Replies are appreciated before the fifth of January. Thank you for reading, floofies!

As you have read previously (top paragraph) I'm getting a laptop in the January Sales.. I was wondering what kind of laptop you have, a good one, that is great for fast FeralHeart gameplay? Since my alternative choice was a Chromebook and it doesn't work with FeralHeart, I was wondering if anyone has/knows of a laptop that can run FH with almost no lag at all - even in Fluorite and Lagfire Island. ;3 By the way, sorry but I don't know if this belongs in the Game Discussion or the Help Section but eh.. yeah.

Can yew name me some good brands? C:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:43:34 am by Loumental »

ID by Ruffian323
Signature by StygianInk

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
Re: Will it work?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:52:27 pm »
I would assume it'd work, though, my only concern with chromebooks and other smaller laptops in general is they don't tend to have much RAM which is fine to run FH but it'd mean you might lag quite a bit, and usually if it has 1GB of RAM then it usually can't handle being in private maps and will crash, as it's happened to me before. So it'd be fine to run FH but if you plan on going in maps 'n such I recommend trying to get one with a higher RAM, maybe at least 3GB cx Also one with a lot of memory would be good cause FH can be a medium-large file for all of the stuff in it's folder. Hope I helped. X3
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 01:04:29 pm »
I wasn't to sure about this, but I think I found an answer.

Direct link for the quotes above: Click mah
Quote taken from a help thread on why they couldn't download minecraft and other games like it.
Chromebooks will only run apps/programs that are designed specifically for it that are available in the webstore. They are not designed to run 'normal' programs that are made for say windows. Also Chromebooks don't natively support Java which mine craft needs to run.

You might be able to find more help if you post in the chromebook help forum instead.
Later down the thread when people where getting angry..
Hi all,
Chromebooks do not support locally installed programs like Minecraft or Microsoft Office-- instead, they support Web Apps and games that you would find across the web.

-Melissa
Chrome OS Community Manager
The same thread also said that Chromebooks don't support Java, therefor, some games like Minecraft cannot be played. But, in the second quote, it says  Chrome supports games that are found across the web, but I'm not sure if this means downloadable .exe(s) like FH. Again, I'm still not to sure about this. I'm proabaly going to go look for some more proof and edit mah post for ya'.~

I hope this helps. o^o I hope it's the same PC |D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:13:06 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Loumental

• iPeanutbutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 01:25:54 pm »
Thanks for your help guys!
Looks like I won't be getting a Chromebook ;)

ID by Ruffian323
Signature by StygianInk

Offline Loumental

• iPeanutbutter
    • View Profile
Re: Any good brands to run FH?
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 11:44:11 am »
I have updated the topic. c:

ID by Ruffian323
Signature by StygianInk