Author Topic: A tiny favor from all of you?  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
A tiny favor from all of you?
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:07:43 pm »
Okay, so, if I may ask, from you lovely floofs.
Would you like, help me make a fursona?
I know, I know, it needs to be done by yourself, but i'm new at it, and I don't know much about the fursona thing......
I'm too dumb to know it... T_T
So, I ask you, if you could help me.................... ;-;
I'd appreacate it, and floof you, or make an art for yah if chu like. ^.^

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: A tiny favor from all of you?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:30:45 pm »
Making a fursona isn't hard at all Ms. Hackers. Generally, a fursona can also be considered you in a way since most fursonas I've experienced bestows traits of their puppeteer, to put it simply. Yet they can either be enhanced, degraded, whichever you see fit. A fursona can be of any species, possess any personality, and the color schemes are endless. Yes, it will take time as making one means you are mostly dedicated to that one character and views it as your favorite out of all the others you may have. One of your already made characters that you've kept for a long time and has a fond liking to can also become your fursona.

Ehheh, hopefully I'm making sense here. If not, then merely inform me Ms. and my apologies for the misunderstanding.
gone

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 08:34:42 pm »
There isn't any wrong or right way of making a fursona from my experience. Your fursona can be as unique and individual as you are.
But I can offer some tips just to help you along if you like. :) They are things that I thought about when making my fursona.

Think about things that reflect you. Like what species do you like the most, or think represent you? Maybe you could go by spirit animals if you're into that sort of thing.
Think about colours - what's your favourite colour? Is there a colour that's a good representation of your personality?Like, if you had a fiery personality with a bit of a sort temper, you might use some shade of red on your character.
Depending on if you want for fursona to have a realistic, semi-realisitc or unrealistic look, you might want to think about the sort of markings they'll have. If it's going to be realistic you might want natural looking markings specific to your chosen species. A semi-realistic fursona might have natural markings with perhaps one or two unrealistic markings, such as spirals or symbols. An unrealistic fursona could be absolutely anything, maybe looking like it's been splashed with paint. If you choose to use symbols, you could use symbols that represent you. Perhaps the symbol of your zodiac sign? Or maybe a peace symbol if you or your character has a peaceful, non-violent personality. For me, symbolism played a large part in my fursona's appearance.

That's all the advice I can give. :) I hope it helps you.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:38:47 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:36:39 pm »
Making a fursona isn't hard at all Ms. Hackers. Generally, a fursona can also be considered you in a way since most fursonas I've experienced bestows traits of their puppeteer, to put it simply. Yet they can either be enhanced, degraded, whichever you see fit. A fursona can be of any species, possess any personality, and the color schemes are endless. Yes, it will take time as making one means you are mostly dedicated to that one character and views it as your favorite out of all the others you may have. One of your already made characters that you've kept for a long time and has a fond liking to can also become your fursona.

Ehheh, hopefully I'm making sense here. If not, then merely inform me Ms. and my apologies for the misunderstanding.

I know, about the part, that it comes for what character you like, and my apologies for not writting that in the first place, sir.
Anyways, I love anything, well not everything, but everything. o3o
Well I like the colour of the sky, all the animals. I do know how to creat one, but fear that i'll dislike it..... ;-;

There isn't any wrong or right way of making a fursona from my experience. Your fursona can be as unique and individual as you are.
But I can offer some tips just to help you along if you like. :) They are things that I thought about when making my fursona.

Think about things that reflect you. Like what species do you like the most, or think represent you? Maybe you could go by spirit animals if you're into that sort of thing.
Think about colours - what's your favourite colour? Is there a colour that's a good representation of your personality?Like, if you had a fiery personality with a bit of a sort temper, you might use some shade of red on your character.
Depending on if you want for fursona to have a realistic, semi-realisitc or unrealistic look, you might want to think about the sort of markings they'll have. If it's going to be realistic you might want natural looking markings specific to your chosen species. A semi-realistic fursona might have natural markings with perhaps one or two unrealistic markings, such as spirals or symbols. An unrealistic fursona could be absolutely anything, maybe looking like it's been splashed with paint. If you choose to use symbols, you could use symbols that represent you. Perhaps the symbol of your zodiac sign? Or maybe a peace symbol if you or your character has a peaceful, non-violent personality.

That's all the advice I can give. :) I hope it helps you.

Thanks, both of you..........
Kind to think of it, i want to make it... but as i said to Sir Vespian, i might not like how it looks or dislike it.... ;-;
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:40:41 pm by Hackers. »

IM BACK!!!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 08:42:11 pm »
Ehheh, ah I see. Pardon my false perception ma'am.

If ye' end up disliking your fursona once you create it, you can always modify him/her to better suit your satisfaction. Ye' don't have to keep them exact until the end of time. It's your character after all.

Then perhaps your fursona can be a shape-shifter? Possess the ability of morphing into any animal they so desire.
If your favorite color is sky-blue, then perhaps that can be a color your fursona bestows via the eyes, a marking, the pelt color, etc. Again, ze' possibilities are quite endless.
gone

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 08:49:32 pm »
Yes, exactly what Vespian said.
If you don't like the look of it the first time you can always change it. xD Change it however many times you like. You could even make multiple fursonas if you wanted and just alternate between them as you see fit. I once had three versions of my fursona; a wolf, a cat and a fox. Then I decided I just wanted one character, so I made my fursona a wolf with some cat heritage. :)
There's nothing stopping you from doing the same.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:53:39 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 08:54:30 pm »
Thanks guys! Your the best. ^.^
What chu like berar, a floof, or an art?
(I might sound weird, but i'm just trying to sound nice... ;-; )

IM BACK!!!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 08:59:26 pm »
Ehheh, neither Ms. Ye' don't have to repay the favor at all. I'm merely glad I could shed some light onto ye' about your fursona.
I wish you luck. I'm sure your new character will turn out quite favorable.
gone

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 08:59:44 pm »
Aww that's sweet ^^ But you don't have to give me anything. The satisfaction in knowing that we've been able to help you is enough for me. :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 09:01:51 pm »
Help isin't enough.
You give me, I give you.
Like said, a stick has two side's.
If you give someone something, the person gives something to you aswell.
Don't be shy, I know you want something. :P

IM BACK!!!