Author Topic: RP Samples  (Read 15300 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: RP Samples
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 01:33:36 pm »
This escalated quickly.

And, I was never turned down when I sent in a RolePlay Sample.

Ever. O.o

Lucky I guess?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 01:39:32 pm »
VERY lucky. XD

Some people are VERY strict, and it's kinda annoying.
I can understand a heave-load of rules (as long as you don't break 5 every time you post), but RP samples are a pain.

We DON'T know your rules!
Are your rules at least 1 continue? Is it try to spell correctly? Is it WHAT?!

We don't freaking know, all we want is a good time.
Some people take RP's too seriously.
Best example I can think of is some big WC RP I joined a bit ago.

Aging rules were strict.
RP rules are breathing down your neck.
OOC rules you're afraid to break.

T'was chaos.
THEN, I had to change my charrie's name due to someone else with the same prefix, Cloud. HFDSIBFSDIUGYRH

Anywhoo, this if off topic.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 03:26:18 pm »
Well no, because even when I get accepted I end up with semi-lit in best case. .~. Luckily that doesn't always happen, but yeah, once I shared pain because I made RP sample in first person. Leader thought it'd be too confusing not to talk in third person. Sigh. It's just sad how they pay attention for every detail, at least let the person join, if you don't like him kick him/her out. Well that's just my opinion.
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 10:08:29 pm »
I've never really had a problem with RP samples, since I don't join roleplays that require RP samples. But I have heard how much of a pain it can be when you gave a sample where you did your best, but still got rejected because you mispelled one word. Have these super strict roleplay recruiters taking the samples forget that we are all human and make mistakes? I'm sure they've made plenty of mistakes in their roleplay post, yet they have the tendency to point out every single little typo or punctuation mistake someone makes. It seems like they do take that kind of stuff way too seriously. Get a grip, man. NO ONE IS PERFECT! Not even YOU!

As for the whole getting rejected because of Wolfspeak... there are many people who don't like it. It may be because they don't find it terminologically correct, since many of the words in Wolfspeak aren't correct as far as grammar goes. Some may find it too confusing and hard to understand/read. You never know. I have never really been a fan of Wolfspeak, since it doesn't really make any logical sense at all. And for those who say that it came from WolfQuest because of the chat filter, that isn't correct either. When I was playing WolfQuest, I never saw anyone use wolfspeak. I never saw anyone use "brute" "fae" "banner" "cranium" and so on. A few times they said "orb" for eyes, but that's it. Who knows, maybe wolfspeak words were banned from the chat log. I had to leave WolfQuest because I really couldn't roleplay with such a filtered chat.  ::)

Getting back on subject now, I try to avoid roleplays that require a strict and "perfect" roleplay sample. No matter what you do, they are never really satisfied with what you posted. It's like they are waiting for some perfect roleplay champion to come walking up to them with a flawless sample that would make the angels weep with joy.... Let's face it, it's NEVER going to happen!
Inactive

Offline Mewwn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 03:57:37 pm »
All I look for in Roleplay samples are literacy, punctuation, and capitalization. I accept Wolfspeak, and any level of literacy xD.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 03:45:49 pm »
Yeah, I guess I was lucky.

I don't require Rp Samples for a few Reasons.

1. It can take up a bit of Chat-Box Space.  Yes I know you can just move it, but then I'm trying to Advertise and listen to the Samples at the same time.

2. Acceptance.  If I accept them and Other people who are in the RolePlay don't like the way they RolePlay, I.E. Calling them, 'Ill-Literate'(Which, is not true to its Definition at all), or calling on them for Wolfspeak.  It gets testy after a while.

3. They give you a GOOD Sample, but then, when they really start it, its a full-on Revolution, of Power-Player city.

These are just some scenarios.   

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 08:38:38 pm »
There was once a really picky user that joined an RP of mine. Someone was RPing using the "-"'s like this:

-The tired pup clumsily flopped into a pile of soft grass. He rolled over and let the sunlight warm his pelt as he began to drift into unconsciousness.-

I didn't mind at all, as I used to RP like this too, but one user, dear god.. >.> She literally flipped out and said that the other wolf was and "illiterate n00b" that didn't know how to RP. I told her to calm down and that it was just her way of RPing. She yelled at both of us and started raging on about how you should RP. I eventually said that I didn't force her to join and that she should leave if she didn't like it. She literally said "Fine! God! I need to go find a literate wolf pack that actually knows how to RP >:("
-sigh- Good riddance.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

baltowolflover

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 04:53:37 am »
I've always had problems with RP samples...I make one typo, Like instead of "walking", I said "talking" by misake. And I wasn't accepted into the group.

I don't get why leaders/and or members have to be so bossy, Not just that. They even say that "You should make you're character darker." "You should change you're characters name to something more realistic", And etc.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 05:22:20 am »
There was once a really picky user that joined an RP of mine. Someone was RPing using the "-"'s like this:

-The tired pup clumsily flopped into a pile of soft grass. He rolled over and let the sunlight warm his pelt as he began to drift into unconsciousness.-

I didn't mind at all, as I used to RP like this too, but one user, dear god.. >.> She literally flipped out and said that the other wolf was and "illiterate n00b" that didn't know how to RP. I told her to calm down and that it was just her way of RPing. She yelled at both of us and started raging on about how you should RP. I eventually said that I didn't force her to join and that she should leave if she didn't like it. She literally said "Fine! God! I need to go find a literate wolf pack that actually knows how to RP >:("
-sigh- Good riddance.
That sounds like an experience I had dealt with once...

One time I was roleplaying with my friends on our Warrior cat characters and I had someone new join the RP. I'll call her Ravenwing for this story, since I can't remember the real character name.
Anyway... My leader character, Pharaohstar, was visiting an another leader, Wildstar, (the two leaders and clans had an alliegiance with each other) and suddenly Ravenwing started arguing with Wildstar's daughter... for whatever reason. She starts getting into an argument that escalated quickly into a RP fight. But then it turned into an OOC fight when Ravenwing started complaining about how Wildstar's daughter was ignoring her attacks. Some people were saying that Ravenwing wasn't being fair because her attacks were somewhat of a powerplay. Ravenwing started caps spamming, cursing and arguing about all the "flaws" we had; our roleplay posts weren't long enough, we were ignoring her attacks, we respond too slow, clans don't have alliegiences in the books and it was "forbidden" to do so. She went on, and on, and on until I finally said, "Look, if you don't like the way we are roleplaying, you don't have to roleplay with us." And then she said, "You guys are a bunch of idiots! I'm going to go join a MAPPED RP where people actually know how to roleplay!!" and then she ran off.

Little did she know that I took several screenshots of her fowl language and insults and sent them straight to a moderator. She wouldn't be roleplaying in a "pefect literate mapped roleplay" for a long time. ;D
So Stargazer, it makes me wonder if the person you're talking about in your story is the same person I dealt with. It would be ironic if it was.
Inactive

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile