Author Topic: THIS ISN'T A PAPER TOWEL DISPENSER, IT'S MY FAX MACHINE  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Bad Luck

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sifaris
    • View Profile
THIS ISN'T A PAPER TOWEL DISPENSER, IT'S MY FAX MACHINE
« on: January 12, 2014, 08:14:53 am »

HELLO everyone, I'm Bad Luck. Well, I usually go by Sifaris these days, but I've preferred to stick with this username on FeralHeart since it's the one I used back on the original Impressive Title server.

I doubt that anyone here really knows me, and that's partially due to the fact that I have sort of isolated myself from this community (and all related ones) for the past few years, but if you do, that is WONDERFUL. I want to know how I knew you back in the day if I can't immediately recall. Anyway, if you can't already tell based upon everything I've written before this sentence, I'm not at all new to FeralHeart. In fact, I think I joined on the same day this forum opened. I just never really bothered to be active on the forum. I was a little more well-known on the original Impressive Title forum near the end of the game's life, but even on there I don't think I socialized with enough people to gain anything of a popular status; I don't mind that at all. I joined that game in January 2009 and simply lurked on a multitude of accounts for much of the time. At least I get to act like a hipster by saying I've been here for a while.

That being said, I used to roleplay, abuse emoticons, and get upset over things that didn't actually matter. I assure you that I'm not quite that way any more. I still do some collaborative writing, but it most certainly does not qualify as roleplaying, and it's a tad bit vulgar, so I'm going to refrain from sharing it on this forum. I don't really intend to jump back into roleplaying unless, by some odd chance, there is someone on this forum who enjoys "low-energy" roleplays that are a little more mentally stimulating than action-based ones. My odd taste in writing is really annoying and tends to bore others, which is perfectly understandable.

To add a little bit about my actual self, I'm an eighteen-year-old college student. I'm currently studying chemical engineering, and yes, I absolutely love it. I have an obsession with a particular Polynesian plant/beverage, so don't mind my occasional rambling about it; I tend to stop eventually. I'm one of those obnoxious health-conscious people, but I don't berate others for not living a healthy lifestyle unless it's entirely harmful to their loved ones. I tend to like people despite the fact that I don't have many friends; I'm simply not very social, but that doesn't mean I can't admire the many unique personalities that people express. Feel free to send me messages on here or on Skype or something (my username there is sifaris).

I really want to be active on this forum because I can't seem to find any relevant ones where I feel comfortable posting often. This community is just so enormous that it's impossible for everyone to think I'm neurotic or something along those lines. So HELLO again.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: THIS ISN'T A PAPER TOWEL DISPENSER, IT'S MY FAX MACHINE
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 08:32:54 am »
Salutations, t'is nice to meet yer acquaintance. I'm a bit intrigued to know ye've been around for such an exceedin'ly long time, more so that ye've found this community to be comfortable enough to saunter around with. A pleasure indeed. While yer an interloper, ye' do seem to be allurin' nevertheless via personal perspective. I can already tell ye' will be quite an enthrallin' individual. Thus, I welcome ye' to the Feralheart community, or the forums side to it.
If ye' are to become flummoxed, or is to face an unneeded misfortune, don't hesitate to PM me. I'll be sure to aid as best I can. Again, t'is nice to meet ye'.
gone

Offline Bad Luck

• Sifaris
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:18:20 am »

Thank you very much for the unique and pleasant welcome! I can already tell that I'll encounter a plethora of interesting people on this forum based upon the fact that the current "Member Of The Season" expresses a distinctive style while writing. I LIKE IT.

And I think I'll be spending the next few posts deciding on a font color.

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:06:18 pm »
A warm welcome back to you~
I suppose seeing you've been around for awhile I don't have to tell you to read the game rules? c:
Do take a minute to check out the News thread though, and maybe catch up on things you've missed while being away.

I hope you'll stay with us this time :3

Cheers// Shallow

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 03:08:49 pm »
Why hullo there! Heh, quite a lovely introduction. x,D
If you ever are in need of assistance, feel free to PM me or find me in-game as AlphaEclipse. o3o

And I think it took me about 50 posts to choose font color. I'mpicky

I hope you find a splendid time role playing!

Ooo, chemical engineering! *Arm flail*
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:10:28 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Bad Luck

• Sifaris
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 05:18:55 pm »

Thank you again, everyone. I'm definitely going to read over the recent updates seeing as how I've been away for a while. I think I've found a reasonable font color, but I'll probably change it again eventually. It's always fun to have a consistent look in forum posts.

Yeah, chemical engineering is going to be stressful, to say the least. But I made it through the first semester without any serious issues, and I hope it'll work out in the end.

Oh, and if anyone ever sees me in-game, I'll likely be using a character named Sifaris that looks a bit like my avatar. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to make a primate character out of a canine mesh. :(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:24:46 pm by Bad Luck »