Author Topic: How to make Glow in the Dark Markings on your Presets/Etc  (Read 99881 times)

District 2

Re: How to make Glow in the Dark Markings on your Presets/Etc
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2011, 06:17:13 pm »
I can't open the file with notepad either.. :/

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2011, 06:24:01 pm »
If you tried resaving the material file as something else it'll change filetypes (or some other nonsense that happened to me). I can't remember if I couldn't open it or not, but in any case I don't think it can be used with FH after that. A good rule of thumb is to backup the file before changing it. If you want to make backups of the file you're changing, duplicate it before going in and trying to just save it under a different name.

If you really can't open it, you're going to have to copy and paste another material file from another preset folder and start over. =/

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2011, 06:32:22 pm »
EDIT: I'm not sure if this code is still relevant after the whole updated patch thing...?

Is there any chance to make eyes glow?
I tried to do it but now my eyes are black-yellow

Ok, here's what I tried to do. I can't really tell if it worked or not (maybe glowing eyes aren't all that noticeable) but it didn't mess with my eye colour. I just used the same code that was used for markings:

material preset_5_eyeMatL
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         ambient 0.5 0.5 0.5
         cull_hardware none
         cull_software none
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_5eyeL.png
         }
      }
      pass
      {
         emissive 1.0 1.0 1.0
         scene_blend alpha_blend
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_5eyeglow.png
         }
      }
   }
}

Obviously, replace the preset file names with your own, and you can change the ambience and emissive qualities to whatever you like (as shown on the 1st page). As I said, I can't really tell the difference, but maybe you can figure out how to make it better. ;)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:16:23 pm by Lawcere »

BrokenBadAss

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »
Hey when I do my glowing a get a white line around the edges when viewed from some angels? And also do you have to draw the markings to look like they glow or what?

viperstrikes

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 03:54:57 am »
Thanks so much!!!! :DD

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 04:29:01 am »
I apologize if this has been answered, but would this tutorial work similarly with the eyes?

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2011, 07:14:25 am »
If it's the same as Sully's tutorial, the eyes should work as explained above. If not, you may have some luck with this other glow code here http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=5665.0.

Offline Annu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Currently a Bleachtard. OSSU~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »
This would be so cool, if it would just success,  I've tried this two times already, but I've failed on both times. I think I know what the problem is..THAT I UNDERSTAND NOTHING -.-' Am I the only one who just doesn't get it? Like what's a base layer? *blah blah*
I did a Hetalia person quiz on theotaku.com, and I'm:

Konnichiwa. ^^

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2011, 12:00:36 pm »
Basically, the base layers are the usual preset files. You fix up your lion/wolf body layer (base layer) however you want and hit save as. Then you create a new transparent layer overtop to make the markings that you wish to glow. Get rid of your base layer (you were just using that as a guide, and you already saved it...), and save the markings layer - SAVE AS - so you don't overwrite your base layer.

-Pay attention to the coding you will use, some call for your files to be saved .png, while others need .jpg.

Now that you're done with the image files, go into the material file of the preset folder you are using and insert Sully's coding (or the one provided here http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=5665.0 if the first one doesn't work). Make sure that the file names used are the same as the ones you saved.

Voila. It should work anyway.

Offline Annu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Currently a Bleachtard. OSSU~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2011, 11:04:55 am »
Basically, the base layers are the usual preset files. You fix up your lion/wolf body layer (base layer) however you want and hit save as. Then you create a new transparent layer overtop to make the markings that you wish to glow. Get rid of your base layer (you were just using that as a guide, and you already saved it...), and save the markings layer - SAVE AS - so you don't overwrite your base layer.

-Pay attention to the coding you will use, some call for your files to be saved .png, while others need .jpg.

Now that you're done with the image files, go into the material file of the preset folder you are using and insert Sully's coding (or the one provided here http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=5665.0 if the first one doesn't work). Make sure that the file names used are the same as the ones you saved.

Voila. It should work anyway.

Thanks, I got it working already but thanks anyway :)
I did a Hetalia person quiz on theotaku.com, and I'm:

Konnichiwa. ^^