Author Topic: How to make Glow in the Dark Markings on your Presets/Etc  (Read 99898 times)

Offline KissAndStab

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Y'all know you want him ^.
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Glow in the Dark Markings on your Presets/Etc
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2011, 05:06:24 am »
Hey Sully! I heard of you before ;) If I'm correct you made a few threads and in one there are fur textures? Amazing! Well anyways, I've got a question about the glowing presets... I didn't quite read all the comments on this thread so I'm not sure if you answered my question that I'm about to ask yet.
Alright so onto the question!! You know how it says 'Make the "base" layer of your preset' ? Well How exactlly do you make the base later? It says 'Draw your glowing markings separate from the "base" layer' Explain how I do that as well..
Man I feel like a noob right noww! Sorry a bout the fail questions.. ;/

Offline lugiamad2000

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 08:56:04 pm »
Hey Sully! I heard of you before ;) If I'm correct you made a few threads and in one there are fur textures? Amazing! Well anyways, I've got a question about the glowing presets... I didn't quite read all the comments on this thread so I'm not sure if you answered my question that I'm about to ask yet.
Alright so onto the question!! You know how it says 'Make the "base" layer of your preset' ? Well How exactlly do you make the base later? It says 'Draw your glowing markings separate from the "base" layer' Explain how I do that as well..
Man I feel like a noob right noww! Sorry a bout the fail questions.. ;/

hey! i hope this helps you i jnow im not sully but yeah make the normal body this is the base layer then make the glowing markings sperate from this base layer as a separate file ok hope you understand if you dont il make a vidio for you ok :)
I like inuyasha chrono crusade bleach naruto wolfs rain pokemon(most anime XD) warrior cats i also love drawing cats and wolfs as you can se at my profile picture

Offline KissAndStab

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Y'all know you want him ^.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2011, 02:43:39 am »
Haha, A video would be nice.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2011, 02:57:11 am »
Basically, the base layer is just your normal preset files you colour for basic presets. So, your preset_1body picture that you paint over, that is your "base" layer. "Save as" these files before making your markings (as preset_1body, or whatever).

The markings are just on a new layer overtop of the base layer. Say, you want to have glowing stripes on your legs. You will first create a new layer over your body layer (this is using Photoshop). You make the markings on the legs on this new layer. When you're finished, delete the base layer (the body layer) and you're left with just the markings with a transparent background. Then "save as" as preset_1bodymarking (or whatever you want).

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2011, 03:50:09 am »
Can i hav some help with the codes idk wat codes to put in. The 2nd and 3rd codes do i put both in or only one? Am i making sense?
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2011, 04:37:36 am »
I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you're talking about the codes that Sully gives on the first page, the first is an example of what the normal preset coding looks like.

The second is the replacement coding (to make your markings glow) for the body part of your preset, left and right halves of the body.

The third hunk of code at the bottom of Sully's post is the complete coding for a preset to make the body, head, and tail markings glow (the glow code for they eyes and mane are not included, but you can use the same glow code for everthing).

If it helps, I'm going to post a How To on YouTube by this weekend. I'll let you guys know when it's uploaded and post the link.

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2011, 09:00:52 am »
Thats exactly wat i meant thank u.

Ive finally got my preset working after all those times of failure. Check it out!!!

Im pretty sure its glowing but anyway im happy with it. Thanks guys!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:27:51 am by Ingredient »

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2011, 06:49:03 pm »
That is awesome, Ing! Good work. ;)

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2011, 10:08:38 pm »
help, I cant open my material file

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2011, 11:19:16 pm »
Thank you Lawcere :D

Firespirit how are u opening ur material file?