Author Topic: Map Object Help  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Muffin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Patience is a virtue~
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Map Object Help
« on: January 17, 2014, 01:03:14 am »
Heya floofs. So heres the thing. I've been playing FeralHeart for 2 or 3 years. Recently, I finally managed to create my own map. (yay! :3) But, I'm clueless on the whole Object thing. I don't know how to get them to work so I can have them in the game, I dunno how to find the ones I want. Help? Thanks.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Map Object Help
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:26:19 am »
So you want to know how to download meshes and add them to your maps?

Firstly you need to find the ones you want. I would search on this board for some: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&board=93.0

When you download a mesh there should be instructions included, otherwise I'd suggest reading on ;)

Most of the time you will need a program such as WinRAR or 7-zip/WinZip to open compressed folders containing the mesh files. You will know if you need them if you cannot open a .rar or .zip file/folder.

When you open it you should find the following files, I'll name them as an example:

- MassiveTree.mesh
- MassiveTree.material
- leaves.png or .jpg.
- Treebark.png or jpg

You will need to drag them into your Feralheart >> Media >> Objects>> my_objects folder. Open Feralheart and go to Tools >> Object Maker. On the Mesh tab you will be able to import the downloaded meshes there. Take note, both the Mesh and Material tab are case sensitive.

Type in the mesh's file name including format in the Mesh box, so you would type in MassiveTree.mesh and then click the Add New button below. That should load your mesh and hopefully the material as well (sometimes you have to do that yourself).

The X, Y, Z coordinates will change it's position and size/shape so it will appear a certain way in your map, it will save you the time fiddling with it in Map Maker. The coordinates on the left hand side will move your object horizontally or vertically while the coordinates on the right will change it's shape and size.

When you're happy with the shape of it go ahead and save it. Go back to the Object tab and in the first box "Name:" feel free to name it anything you want, so Massive Tree. Then in the Group: box type in a new group name. You can save multiple meshes in one group. You can name it DownloadedMeshes for now. Click the Save button.

Once saved you can go to Map Maker and load your map there. Go to the Objects tab and you should see a list of all the object groups, scroll down until you see the new one you made DownloadedMeshes. Click it and in the empty box below it will show your recently saved mesh, Massive Tree. Click the name and then click the New Object button, your object should appear at your cursor and you can place it where ever you like.

You can select the object you want and in the Controls tab you can change the size, shape and rotation just like in Object Maker with the X, Y, Z coordinates and the Yaw and Roll buttons.

That's really the basic part of it. I'm sorry I couldn't provide any screenshots but I will not have my computer back for a few days. I hope that helped anyway :)

EDIT: You will find more detailed information about Object Maker and it's features here: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10002.0
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Muffin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Patience is a virtue~
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Re: Map Object Help
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:38:50 pm »
This actually helped me alot! Thank you so much c:

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~