Author Topic: Preset Help  (Read 1597 times)

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
Preset Help
« on: January 20, 2014, 05:47:43 pm »
Okay..-eye twitch- Many people have made me presets before, like really good ones with moving stuff. And when I used them, they never showed up to others, only me! D:< And I thought, many if I make one..then it'll work..So I made a preset, and put it on, and it worked for me. THEN I uploaded the fhp onto Media fire. Some people from my RP then downloaded it...and they couldn't see it! Please help me. ;-;

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Preset Help
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:33:47 pm »
If you make a preset and run around in-game with it, the only people that will be able to see it are those who have downloaded it, or have the preset sync. To get others to successfully download the preset, you must take your own preset file out of the presets folder (make sure it's the right one!), place it onto your desktop and then copy and paste it back into your presets folder (this is so you end up with one in your preset folder so you can see it, and one on your desktop and we'll be using that one). Then, go to Mediafire and drag the preset file (from your desktop) on the page. It should upload. When it's done, click on it, and a new tab (with the download) should appear. That's the link you need to give to others. Hope this helps floof.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:06:06 pm »
If you make a preset and run around in-game with it, the only people that will be able to see it are those who have downloaded it, or have the preset sync. To get others to successfully download the preset, you must take your own preset file out of the presets folder (make sure it's the right one!), place it onto your desktop and then copy and paste it back into your presets folder (this is so you end up with one in your preset folder so you can see it, and one on your desktop and we'll be using that one). Then, go to Mediafire and drag the preset file (from your desktop) on the page. It should upload. When it's done, click on it, and a new tab (with the download) should appear. That's the link you need to give to others. Hope this helps floof.

I know that I need to upload it to Mediafire. I've done that, and given my friends the link. They downloaded it, and it doesn't show up..;-; And I restarted the game too, like five times. That's the link I've given my friends: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4dxwtzbeh4i4gjk/Mcgee2001_3.fhp

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:13:05 pm »
Make sure your username is typed in THE SAME way as it looks on the .fph. Otherwise they won't show up. ^^

Solution one: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. If you see something like 'Username_#(1)' [Or 2, 3, 4..etc..] then just Right click the file, select 'Rename' and delete of the (1) [Or 2, 3, 4... you get the idea]. Then restart FH again!

Solution two: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. Ask your friend if they have any capitals in their name if you don't see any. Example: You see bigbangtheory but it's actually BigBangTheory. If that is the case then Rename the file to the correct user name and restart FH.

Solution 3: If you're seeing your friend's old preset instead of the new one, all you need to do is Replace the old one with the new one instead of having a duplicate.

Hope this helped a little.

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »
-Crys- It still doesn't work! D: D: D: D: ;-; But thanks for trying to help. -nuzzles-

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 06:58:58 pm »
Hmmm. It seems your having trouble.
I might be a  bit of a help. ;)

Make/download a prset, and put it in 'my_presets' folder.
Go to FeralHeart.exe and go to: Tools/Preset Maker/V/Add Preset.
Add a preset, and then export it to your account, well for game.
After that, exit the game, and go to: Main Disk/C:/FeralHeart/Presets.
Look for a folder, called: 'YourUsername'.fhp
Go to 'Media Fire' and upload 'YourUsername'.fhp.
Then try to ask a friend to download it, and see if it works.
If not, try to un-instal FeralHeart, and instal a new one.
If it dosen't help, then I'm sorry.
Hope I helped. Good luck. ^.^

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 07:45:30 pm »
Usually when a file isn't showing up it usually means a file is missing from its folder or a fie is named incorrectly. Make sure that you are naming your files right and that they are the right file format as well. Such as .jpg and .png, these two are VERY different.
If you have preset sync then you are going to have to go into your preset folder and move it to private so it doesn't poof when you open your game as well.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358