Author Topic: Map Problems (Unanswered)  (Read 1166 times)

SoulRevenge

Map Problems (Unanswered)
« on: January 25, 2014, 11:42:58 pm »
So awhile ago I started makin' a map. Finished it, and I think it was pretty intricately detailed, but nothing too much as for well-made dens, spots with the occasional 'landmark', and a few trees. Now it works all fine n' dandy when I open it in the map-maker: I can navigate easily, barely any lag save for a few spots, and even then it isn't too overwhelming- but now, on the other hand, entering the map? I can get into it n' what-not, but otherwise: nothing's working. And 'get into it' signifies I can enter the portal without dying, but seeing the physical map and all its detail is impossible, and it also produces an immense amount of lag throughout the entire computer. I haven't tried deleting too many objects or altering landmarks/campsites, so any suggestions? (I have deleted a FEW objects. Not too much.)

Mainly looking for 'kinda sure' or 'for sure' suggestions here. I'm not entirely willing to experiment with my own thoughts at the moment, but if a push comes to a shove I'll move onto whatever the heck my mind says. Anything said (even if it doesn't work!) will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:01:29 pm by FlyingTuck »

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Map Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:16:12 am »
Okay..so you are saying the map is very laggy itself? Sorry, I got lost in there. x3

The best solutions I have for you is turn off the water reflections and the nametags, lower the resolution, etc.

Hope everything works out for you in the end, bud. ^^

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 12:25:42 am »
Ah, I can see how you might've got lost. Weird wording and what-not, but basically:

1) I can enter the map fine through MAP MAKER. It is not all that laggy, but some sections are.
2) When entering my user, selecting a character, and going to the portal, I am stuck at the loading screen, which causes an incredible amount of lag despite it being the loading screen.
3. Despite re-trying and attempting to enter the map multiple times, it pauses at the loading screen, does not go any further, and still causes an incredible amount of lag. (I have to exit the entire program. No 'FH is not working' pops up, either. It just stops and lags.)

SoulRevenge

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 04:38:00 pm »
Bumpin' this.

Offline FallenAngel12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • I dont bite...much <3
    • View Profile
Re: Map Problems (Unanswered)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:57:59 pm »
Hey!
First of all did you tryed what @Oreo said? If it doesn't worked:
1.I'm map maker and from my looong experience I know that sometimes the lag is not caused by the amount of objects but of them...I've download meshes that can make the whole map laggy just cause you've put on of them in your map. (Sorry If I answer but i give of what I have understand of your question :))
2.Keep trying go in the map WITHOUT closing FH.Just wait...it will probably say bad token after a while and after it do,go back to your charries (not complete log out)and try again it will work at some point.
3.if none if these work probably re-installing might :(
-will edit this if I mind another solution

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 11:28:29 pm »

I just have a few questions.

First off, are you using meshes from the game itself or meshes that you've downloaded? If so, is the collision on 'Own Collision?' This can make meshes a lot more laggy than they need to be.

Also, before you start the other's suggestions, BACK UP YOUR FILES.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 01:17:22 am »
Just gonna throw this in here, the problem might just be the fact that when entering the map in map maker, you aren't connected to the server. When entering it in the game, however, you are connected to the server plus a somewhat laggy map. And sometimes that just doesn't work out too well.
To fix it, I'd try what Oreo and Aniuk suggested, but also check your connection.