Author Topic: Just a few questions...  (Read 1718 times)

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
Just a few questions...
« on: January 26, 2014, 02:54:32 pm »
Hey there! ;D So I just wanted to ask you few questions, some are forum based but I think they're mostly connected to game, so there we go.
First questionI was downloading some forest object pack. Here are le problems:
-Some trees have weird textures, black and yellow.
-My default grass is replaced with realistic, yet floating grass. ._.
Second questionI downloaded some IT animals item pack, and their tails are mostly in the same line as their back, they just look unnatural. Is there any way to fix it WITHOUT different programs?
Third questionI recently downloaded cool items and I might make Warrior Cats/Wilderness map. It'll probably be public. Anyway, is it okay if you use other people's items that they have placed for public downloads if I write full credits?
Well those are my questions, hope you'll answer them! It's okay if you don't answer all, any help is appreciated.  :)
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline Muggery

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Pretty hurts.
    • auflodern
    • auflodern
    • unorthodoxie
    • View Profile
    • ALLURE | FH Wolf Rp (WIP)
Re: Just a few questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »
I THINK I can answer your 1st and 3nd questions.

1. Try going into Object maker, and re-create the objects. Go to the tab labeled 'Mesh', and type in the .mesh and the .material files into their respective text boxes. Then, go to the 'Object' tab and export them again to get them into the game. I don't know what you mean by 'floating grass'.
 If you mean that the grass isn't natural looking on your terrain, then try changing the X,Y and Z measurments in Map maker. Pitch, Yaw, and Roll can also help.

3. As far as I know, as long as you credit the item's creators, then it it perfectly fine to use other's public downloads.

Find me in-game at : Muggery

SOMEONE RP WITH ME AGHHHH

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:20:43 pm »
1. I think the trees are mixing the texture, or their .material fails to have the texture listed. Where are these objects from/downloaded from?
I have no idea about the grass. o-o Look at the above post.

2. I'm afraid there is no way to move a part of the mesh with out using a program like Blender, AC3D, etc.

3. Yep! As long as you give credit, I think you're good.

lindaminda

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 09:16:16 am »
I think people before me already explained everything.
I wanted to say the same but now there is no reason to do it.
If you need any help feel free to message, maybe I can help.

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 12:40:28 pm »
Look, about floating grass: it happened when I downloaded some forest objects and replaced my default grass. Now even in public maps it shows totally different grass, the creator probably had that grass in his default category.
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline Muggery

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Pretty hurts.
    • auflodern
    • auflodern
    • unorthodoxie
    • View Profile
    • ALLURE | FH Wolf Rp (WIP)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 12:04:40 am »
Oh, I think in the Public maps, that's a regular occurrence.  :P Could you give me a screenshot somehow? Maybe then I'd be  able to help. :D

Find me in-game at : Muggery

SOMEONE RP WITH ME AGHHHH