Author Topic: If Mass Markings became Apart of the Normal Game...  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
If Mass Markings became Apart of the Normal Game...
« on: January 28, 2014, 07:35:07 pm »
If MM Became apart of the, 'Normal', Markings on Feral Heart.

There might be a lot less Marsh Malllows, No?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: If Mass Markings became Apart of the Normal Game...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:26:44 pm »
That would be a really good idea! I think that will actually be possible if someone packs a new .exe file, but every single person would have to download it.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:32:51 pm »
o-o That is so creepy. I was thinking this yesterday.
LOL. Anyways, yes, I wish it were possible to just put the mass markings in the original download.

BUT, wouldn't the staff have to contact the makers of the markings for permission to use them?
And, like Spottedbears said, we'd need everyone to redownloading FH, and there's no way to force them to do so.

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 09:43:21 pm »
This is a really good idea, but there are several issues popping into my head. They may be solvable.

A lot of people in-game aren't active on the forums. I know if it was in the original download or just a separate download this might change the point, but even so. Some people might never even know about the update.

As stated previously, there is no possible way to force anyone to download the game, so yeah.

Well, this is definitely an idea I hope we try to continue.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 02:01:50 am »
If the chance ever showed up to place more markings in the game, we'd gladly try to put some more in there, but when or if that time comes we cannot know at this point.

If we go to the idea at hand though, and let's say that we'd be able to just put the mass markings pack into the game there's still one thing I want to point out on that I personally don't agree with. Even though some markings might be good there, to my understanding the list of markings is huge compared to the original list or set of markings.

When in the character creator, the more markings that we eventually would put into the game, the harder it would become to navigate through the list of markings. I personally haven't spent much time using MM so I cannot tell to which extent it works this way, or how many of the markings should be considered "really good". But what I want to say is that only the best or possibly creative markings should be considered added into the game that work as "sets" if possible. Then also comes the whole thing with getting permission from all the marking creators to add the stuff into the game.

Some organization is needed and will always be needed. How many markings is it exactly inside of the Mass markings pack? To me it looks like if markings are going to be added to the game, either the scrolling or navigating through the markings list need to be modified a tad bit(Which is a bit unlikely to happen at this point), or only certain markings should be added.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 02:18:27 am »

When in the character creator, the more markings that we eventually would put into the game, the harder it would become to navigate through the list of markings.
Some organization is needed and will always be needed. How many markings is it exactly inside of the Mass markings pack? To me it looks like if markings are going to be added to the game, either the scrolling or navigating through the markings list need to be modified a tad bit(Which is a bit unlikely to happen at this point), or only certain markings should be added.

I agree. I even get a bit mad as I tamper through the list of markings in a sad attempt to find a certain one. It takes like five minutes sometimes. Also, half of my MM pack does not work at all.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 03:14:27 am »
Was afraid that might would be the case, but something that would be of comfort would be that all the markings added to the official game should or would work from the get go and not something users would need to worry about unless they modded or edited the standard files.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 02:03:49 pm »
Mhm. If we all made sure the markings actually worked that were placed into the game, then that would be great. Even if we made a second download under the original? I am not sure how many people would download it, but new-comers to FeralHeart would see it, and maybe it would catch on.