Author Topic: I've downloaded a preset and it isn't working  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Shaymon

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I've downloaded a preset and it isn't working
« on: January 29, 2014, 08:46:05 pm »
Hello everyone! I just tried to download a preset from here and I put it on the "presets" folder in the preset 5, as I wanted, but then if I open FH the preset doesn't appear. Why is it happening?

Thanks

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
Re: I've downloaded a preset and it isn't working
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 08:52:49 pm »
Is it a .fph file you downloded?

Offline Shaymon

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:53:37 pm »
No, it's png.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 08:53:43 pm »
Was it a actual folder with file parts such as "Preset_5body, or "Preset_5head". Cause if the preset you have just only came with a fph file then it is unuable for others except for viewing. Explain more about the file you downloaded
Did it come with a .mat (material) file?(also a notepad)

EDIT: Does it just come with a png? you need to make sure that the coding supports the png file. If the coding has jpg then that would be a reason its not showing up
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline damiian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:54:28 pm »
by preset 5 do you mean you have stuck it in "My Presets > Preset 5" ?
IF you have downloaded it (and it is someone elses preset for you to see them IN-GAME) it goes into only "Presets" not "my presets"
if it is one someone has done you put it into "My presets" with the number its ending in (E.G Preset_5body etc etc into the preset 5 folder)
besides from this, if your still having issues you could back your files up
uninstall and re-install FH and re-try
if that does not work you may want advice from others on the fourms who could help C:
Its so so so so SO SO RARE i ever log into the game i am always found around the forums usually at my inbox or the help forums.
My username in game is rink if you find another user using rink it is a fake.
If you  cannot get a hold of me on here you can find me on the IT server dragons den as rink or deviantart as AlphaRink

Offline Shaymon

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 08:56:58 pm »
It came in a .zip file with the material and all the files in .png. Maybe if I re-download it (the preset) the problem will be solved?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 08:57:16 pm »
Try these:

How to download Ready-made presets

If you want to find out how to download a Ready-made preset or a preset commissioned for you, then you've come to the right place! Well, for starters you need to get the link URL to the preset, Secondly you need to paste it into your browser (the place where you put www. etc..). Come back when you're done!

Oh you're back? I missed you! Well good! Okay. Now you should have been taken to a download page, example; Mediafire or Sendspace. If you're not on a download page, then ask the owner for the correct URL, if you are on a download page, then keep reading! All you need to do is click the download button, select "save as" then save it to your Desktop so you remember where it is. Come back when you're done!

Back? Yay, I got so lonely~ Okay, now. If you are a winzip/7zip or J-zip user, then you need to open the zipped preset folder with that. Now you should have the folder opened, you should see a folder named "preset_(preset number)". Click and drag that folder into Local Disk(C:)\FeralHeart\My_Presets then click replace if asked.

Then finally, launch the game, go to Preset Maker and open up the preset to make sure it works! ^^
Got any questions? see this link. (Link coming soon)

How so see other people's presets
(For none preset sync users.)

So, you want to see someone else's preset do you? Well, first of all you need to ask their permission to whether or not you may see their preset. You never know, it could be a private preset only. However, if you already have permission for this, then carry on reading! Okay, well firstly you need to copy the URL they have provided you with into the browser box, as said in the previous tutorial, then you should arrive onto a download page so you may download the preset. After that, you need to Click the download button and once it tells you to "save" or "save as", click "save as" then place the file into LocalDisk(C:)\FeralHeart\Presets, then relaunch FeralHeart for it to kick in and work~
See, wasn't that hard!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 09:02:12 pm »
Make sure your material txt file also has .png saved in the text, and not .jpg

Offline Shaymon

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 09:02:36 pm »
Okay I just re-downloaded it and place it in another folder and now it's working. Thank you all!

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 09:05:59 pm »
Glad we could help~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone