Author Topic: Feral Heart has gone so DEAD?  (Read 3749 times)

Offline CalliCat1113

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -10
  • Larkspur/Starline
    • View Profile
Feral Heart has gone so DEAD?
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:17:07 am »
Ever since General Chat was taken out, not a lot of people are online anymore. It used to be nearly 1000, and now its down to 600-750 a day.
Does the staff think anything about this?
Is this do to the chat being taken, or just that people got bored and left? I am missing my friends. xD
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:22:32 am by Calli »

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart has gone so DEAD?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 01:52:50 am »
Well, I personally believe otherwise. General was taken down due to spam, useless conversations, hurtful things, etc. etc. etc. And besides it's only in public maps. People might be, your friends, 'growing up' or getting bored. I used to play Animal Jam when I was quite younger, it used to be my life. I left now and dislike it. People change, and that's that. However, I have also noticed the numbers dropping - not necessarily rapid or anything, just slightly.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:46:28 am »
I'll preface this by saying, let's not make this a discussion about General chat, please.

As for the lower number of users, it depends on what days you're looking at the game. On average, there are approximately 100 less users on per day than there were a year ago, but the numbers do frequently rise to 900+ users on the weekends, at about 4-7pm EST when most kids are home from school, in both the US and Europe, where most of our userbase is. And the average weekday topper is about 700ish users, sometimes reaching 800. However, this is to be expected on weekdays, since many have school.

So, while there may be a few less people, FH is by no means "dead," nor do I see it becoming so any time soon.

As for your friends, it could very well be that--as Aniuk said--some of your friends have lost some interest in the game. They may have lost their spark for RP, or found other games they like. Or, their lives may just be busier nowadays, and they don't have as much time to jump on FH like they used to. That happens all around, so it's not unexpected. o:

I do hope you can get in touch with them sometime, though. It's never fun when your friends are offline for a long time.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 03:40:19 am »
Feralheart has gone dead? What a peculiar statement to address. Rest assured madam that this establishment is far from what ye' deem "dead". In fact, t'is the opposite, as I see new faces every day joinin' this community with haste; thus, while havin' lost a few members here and there, I believe said new users make up for their permanent absence, givin' this establishment a vague balance when it comes to member count. I do agree that the amount of members per day as of late has declined a bit, but that's to be expected. School's in session and I personally know some users whos parents won't let them near any virtual realities of any kind unless it's the weekend or a holiday. Similar to what Ms. Linger stated prior to this post, I suggest lookin' once again at various hours of the day or durin' a holiday such as summer break. Ye'll see that this community is too tightly knit to falter and break apart merely because of a few inactives. There's also the factor of reality, as everyone has a life of his/her own; therefore there's also the possibility that some members grew quite bored of the game or some other reason that strays them from loggin' on anymore. The exact reasons can be endless if one is to look close enough. Despite that, my perception remains as is. Feralheart is not "dead" Ms. and won't be for years to come.
gone

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 03:53:01 am »
I wouldn't say it's gone dead. It just depends on what time of the day you log on, as was stated before. Besides, there are plenty of new members joining the community every day.
Inactive

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 08:14:51 am »
I can assure you that Feral Heart isn't going dead by any means. There are always new members registering every day when registration is ever open. You can see the latest new member to join the FH game by looking at the statistics here
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&action=stats
But generally in Game, it will perhaps all depends when you enter the game. Cause when I get on in the morning, its to be expected that not much users are going to be on. Likewise late at night when people are resting for school.
I have notice that during the weekends the place is bursting with people all time hours, and people get off FH later then usual. One reason you might see lack of activity in game is perhaps that reason.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358