Author Topic: I have had enough! [Solved]  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Squee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
I have had enough! [Solved]
« on: February 10, 2014, 06:39:57 pm »
My situation with Feralheart on my home computer at the moment is frustrating me to the point of breaking the keyboard.

During December our computer [home] was attacked by a nasty virus known as CryptoLocker, that basically locks every single file you own for a certain number of days and ransoms them for an unholy amount of money. If you do not pay, your files will be deleted. Our ransom was $300 dollars. R 3000 to me. Enough to buy a new tower.

My mother [and god knows what she's done] managed to fix the problem by downloading a series of different virus software and such. The computer works perfectly now. However. Feralheart refuses.

I have completely deleted all the files present to do with Feralheart that were around before the virus hit. I redownloaded the torrents and installed Feralheart. All files downloaded well but when it came to actually being on the game there was a highly irritating issue. I could only scroll through 5 of my characters. The first one I see, 2 left and 2 right. Not 4 left or else the game would shut down. This is after reinstalling the game completely!

I got over it. Using my laptop but now there is a new issue. Map making. I need my home computer to do this because it is easier for me. So again today I decided to try Feralheart. Yet again I could only scroll through 5 of my characters, however if I logged onto one of those 5 characters I could go into the game itself and be there for a maximum of 3 minutes before the entire computer crashed!

Annoyed beyond belief I cleared my harddrive and reinstalled the game again. It will not allow me to install DirectX. As well as AVG popping up telling me that Feralheart is a threat to my computer. I removed the threat, redownloaded Feralheart [still won't download DirectX] and logged on. FINALLY I am capable of scrolling through all of my characters and logging on without a problem. However. Yet again I lasted 3 minutes and the computer restarted.

This ONLY occurs when Feralheart is used. The computer never restarts unless I try use Feralheart and every single game I have [other than Guild Wars 2 which frankly did the same thing even before the virus] never acts up.

I'm beyond peeved and want to know how I can fix this problem without having to take my harddrive in for fixing which I frankly do not have the money for. Or having it wiped [meaning deleting EVERYTHING].

Please, if you can help me...

I'd really appreciate it.

PS: If you recommend I redownload the game. I will be waiting under your bed with a machete. IT DOES NOT WORK.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:09:18 pm by Squee »

Signature by Velkss! :)

Offline Xylem

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Re: I have had enough!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 07:08:59 pm »
Ok, you need to make sure those programs you are using isn't blocking FH. Make sure it's allowed thru each firewall.

(Sorry if you've already done this <3 )

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 07:24:32 pm »
Ugh that virus x_x, that virus is more annoying then the HFV virus. (has been there before).
Do you have any Anti-virus protection on your computer prior to your virus spam? cause your anti-virus is perhaps detecting the FH.exe as a virus and deleting it.
Also, if you are able to get into the main log in, have you tried to render the game the game in the opposite system? Such as rendering from OpenGL>Direct3D9.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 07:30:06 pm »
Ooo, I have heard about that 'CryptoLocker' trojan horse. It's a shame your PC had caught it.

Also, I do know the CryptoLocker trojan encrypts files. AND: A antivirus program cannot decrypt the encrypted files unless the trojan's 'private key' is found. So, maybe it has something  to with that? But, that's not likely.

Personally, I have no experience with this trojan, but if you're completely sure it has been rid of from your system, I'd recommend doing a system restore.

System Restore

I'd also recommend backing up your PC's files.

I'm not sure if FH crashing is FH's fault. I think it has something to do with DirectX acting up.

After you have done that, I'd restart the computer, and uninstall FH completely. Then, try installing DirectX again, from here:

DirectX

If that fails to download completely, what exactly does it say? Does it say a file is missing?

After that, just try reinstalling FH again. ^^ Maybe with the new version of DirectX it will not crash/restart.

Again, I'm not promising this will work for you- But, it wouldn't hurt to try. ^^
Good luck!

Maybe someone will have a better answer.. e_e

Offline Squee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 04:31:54 am »

Also, if you are able to get into the main log in, have you tried to render the game the game in the opposite system? Such as rendering from OpenGL>Direct3D9.

Unfortunately this won't happen either. It only allows me to use Direct3D9. OpenGL isn't even an option I can consider. D:

Ooo, I have heard about that 'CryptoLocker' trojan horse. It's a shame your PC had caught it.

Also, I do know the CryptoLocker trojan encrypts files. AND: A antivirus program cannot decrypt the encrypted files unless the trojan's 'private key' is found. So, maybe it has something  to with that? But, that's not likely.

Personally, I have no experience with this trojan, but if you're completely sure it has been rid of from your system, I'd recommend doing a system restore.

System Restore

I would love to do a system restore as I've told my mom so many times but she doesn't want to do it because she is 'sure' she's solved the problem.

Signature by Velkss! :)

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 04:37:33 am »

Unfortunately this won't happen either. It only allows me to use Direct3D9. OpenGL isn't even an option I can consider. D:

System Restore

I would love to do a system restore as I've told my mom so many times but she doesn't want to do it because she is 'sure' she's solved the problem.

How to Change Your Rendering System
~Windows 7 and 8~

Method number 1~

First, go into C: > Feralheart. If you look at the FH main folder, you will see a flie called:
'orge.cfg'
Click it, and open it with 'NOTEPAD'.

Look at the first two lines in the orge.cfg file. That is where you change your rendering system.

If you followed everything that was typed and the instructions in the pictures, you should have successfully switched your rendering system.

Method number 2~

Turn on FH!
On the main screen, you will see this:

Click options, and go to video. Click 'Rendering System.'

Then just simply switch your rendering system.

Note that sometimes method 2 doesn't awlways work- That's why I listed the orge.cfg file first. ^^

Good luck! Hope this helped those who don't know how to change their rendering system!~

That's a method that can help you change your rendering system. 8D

Offline TBSNIHON

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Biggest Adam Driver fan there is..
    • View Profile
    • Chuff!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 03:55:26 am »
Ugh, Cryptolocker... Nasty little bugger.
Anyway, The virus may have or some other virus may have dumped a payload into your FeralHeart and caused it to do this, But you re-installed it so I don't know about that. Try what Alpha did, It may have worked or I can send in a code hand-typed by me that works if needed.
BOOM!

Offline Ki05596

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 02:48:06 am »
TY for all your help! I entered the virtual world!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 02:53:04 am »
TY for all your help! I entered the virtual world!

Glad you enjoy FH, but I think you posted in the worng thread. :3