Author Topic: Kovu is back, say what now?  (Read 12923 times)

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: Kovu is back, say what now?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 04:09:28 pm »
Woah, this will be interesting...Glad to see he's waking back up a little bit.
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2014, 06:24:30 pm »
First Reaction: It's about time.

Second: Leave it as is.  Brilliant.

Third: Maybe he'll open-source it to the staff....

So yes, mixed basket to me.

I am a bit...... peeved, it took so long.
Don't jump on me for saying that, please.

But, I suppose its better then... being in the... dark?

Possibly.

I can understand where you are coming from.

Yes, he left us, but isn't it better to know that he is thinking of FeralHeart rather than just throwing it away?

He never said he wouldn't update it or hand the codes over.

But you're right, he could've done it sooner.

Yes, but to a very fine point.

Now don't go around hating on me or quoting me like a mad man, just, hear me out.

It is one thing, to go off for a few months and then come back, that is fine.

But, this is YEARS we are talking about.
And, I am almost wishing he hadn't spoken out, for some reason, my moral compass is spinning out of absolute control.

I have no clear idea WHY he suddenly had breathing room to talk to us and everything.
It makes no logical sense.

'Rant' slightly over.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Riku.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • hella gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 07:34:05 pm »
Okay.

So I love the fact he is back and healthy, and I think giving the source code to the public would be amazing, And I think the IT servers would die out due to the fact everyone would be playing the FH servers instead that of the IT ones. Overall I think it's a great idea due to the fact it would be a lot more popular to the public and more successful, But it's up to Kovu to release it or not either way I'm in his favor but Overall I think it would be a wonderful idea!

And if he gave the staff the source codes so they would be able to update it and place in a lot more stuff they where going to and fix the glitches so I would think it would be best if Kovu handed over the code to the staff due to the fact that they partly own it but Kovu mostly owns it all over, Anyway Pardon my excessive rambling. But I think releasing the source codes to the public would be a wonderful idea and well again it's his game. But I believe he will release it if it's DOESN'T get bashed or harshed upon the others who oppose the idea of releasing it.

And let's hope for some updates in the near future. <3
i'm kat and i have an undying love for kingdom hearts & danganronpa. i don't even play fh anymore lmao

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 09:07:06 pm »

Heres just some info I read on Facebook about it, and he is still debating wether he is going to release it or not, and I agree that it would be really Awsome to have a update to FH, but as White said, it is completely up to him.

Now I will stet my opinion lol, I'm so happy to see Kov is coming back, or may be, I would love to get to know him and chat with him for awhile. I feel everyone in FH would agree. FH is like my second home and if Kov comes back, it would be even better. If he does come back and updates the game I wonder what he will include in it, more emotes? Maps? Models? I'm just as stoked as you guys and I'm quivering with excitement, I would love to meet him.

Also, as he stated in the picture above, saying he may release the code, I agree with some members about the uniqueness of having a single server, it makes it easier to chat with others then bouncing server to server. Also, I think it wouldn't feel right to have multiple FH servers everywhere.

The FH staff work hard to keep this game running smooth and members happy, but there is a limit to what they can do, and I understand them not wanting this to go up to the roof with OMG! statements. I must say though, I love what our community does, and will Kov be moved to a admin like Red when he rejoins? We can never tell until it really happens, as I like to say, "one step at a time."

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 10:22:10 pm »
The FH staff work hard to keep this game running smooth and members happy, but there is a limit to what they can do, and I understand them not wanting this to go up to the roof with OMG! statements. I must say though, I love what our community does, and will Kov be moved to a admin like Red when he rejoins? We can never tell until it really happens, as I like to say, "one step at a time."
Well... LKD essentially stated that he held responsibility only for Feral Tales (and not FH). I question this on its own (in regards to FH, since we are still "stranded" without him, even if he is active outside again), but in this case, it would be a situation left between LKD and the current adminstrators if he did decide to come back to FH. Which he seems to have little interest in, right now..
I don't like for the sake of our community, but these are the cards we're dealt..

When he was here two years ago, from what I understand he did very little with the staff-- he was the developer and creator, and he added to the game, then sat back and enjoyed it once in a while (which is okay, and it's not a bad thing at all). But he left staffing largely to the main administrators at the time (mostly Rak$ha at that time, and later Red when she left), and so. Seeing that LKD didn't "administrate" so much, which includes handling much of the social aspects of the game, I'm unsure what position he would "officially" be if he returned. However, positions and titles are only positions and titles. How one carries themselves and treats the community is another respect altogether.
But again, that would be something for him and the staff (mostly Red and Raz) to discuss if he returned to FH.

If he did return, though, I would just hope something would be done so the staff can take care of the game fully if he disappears again.
The game will always be LKD's creation, and he does ultimately have say, but with this responsibility also comes accountability, which I feel has been neglected and critically overlooked.

But again, we are not at this point, so while it is an interesting topic for speculation, everything is still the same in FeralHeart at the moment.

*Snuggles everyone in this thread* Be at rest, my loves. o:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:23:48 pm by WhiteLightHeart »
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 11:55:03 pm »
Firstly, sorry to disappoint you guys but it looks like Kovu made up his mind, it might be just that he's dragging things on but honestly his post seems a little worrying, although I must say its good to hear from him.

I originally posted the info in the 'other games' as i streamed a little into the off topic. Here

In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 12:53:36 pm »
I think this thread was unlocked to keep people from bothering Kovu for the source code. I think Kovu should be left alone unless he decides to come back and change things around. I doubt he will make such  decision in 1 day and so hopefully he will think thoroughly before making his final decision whether to leave FH or to come back.

However, what worries me is tht he mentioned 'opensource' meaning like IT is now open source to everyone... I don't know if I understood it wrong or what but it does seem a little worrying.

lindaminda

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 02:53:26 pm »
I guess It's nice to see that he is alive.
Im happy to see him at least on Facebook again.
Yes we would be really happy if he gives us source code, but It's all up to him.
It's better for us to leave him alone since we know he is 'back' so he can make up his mind and first, finish his Feral Tales game..
That's only my opinion.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 12:31:17 am »
Agreed Dundee, no matter how nice it would be to get the source code, we have to keep in mind that he made the game and he is the 'owner' and only 'he' can make the final decision. But it doesn't mean we should give up hoping for the better! c:

Corolonaceous

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 01:23:33 am »
Glad to hear he's alive after these few years of silence~
But sorta having mixed feelings about this. :/
FH has been around for a while, and I never hope it closes, because I've been here for quite a while. :3 I'd hate to see it go.
But also, if there are a few bugs that are floating out there and they need fixing.. what will this mean for the players? The FH staff are active, and I'm sure that Raz could so these, surely, but I don't know this for a fact. Seeing as how he's the game master, and has total control whether the server is online or offline, I'd think he could fix minor bugs.

But personally, it's his codes, and what he does with them is totally up to him.