Author Topic: Halp! *flail*  (Read 1358 times)

Offline CrimsonChaos

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm actually cool I swear o3o
    • View Profile
Halp! *flail*
« on: February 16, 2014, 09:50:43 pm »
Okay so I've had this map pack for a while, and it's been working fine. Then since yesterday I've had a problem with it. Everytime I try to go into the map it loads for a while then says "Failed To Connect to Map Server. Try Again?". I've asked my sister for help, but it turns she is having the same issue with the same map pack. I've re-connected to my internet, sent my character home and tried again, restarted my PC, and re-installed the map pack. Nothing seems to be working, and it's kinda bugging me. If anyone could tell me what to do that might fix this, it would be great. Thanks! <3

Don't drop that herp da herp ey!

AlphaEclipse

Re: Halp! *flail*
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 09:59:01 pm »
Okay so I've had this map pack for a while, and it's been working fine. Then since yesterday I've had a problem with it. Everytime I try to go into the map it loads for a while then says "Failed To Connect to Map Server. Try Again?". I've asked my sister for help, but it turns she is having the same issue with the same map pack. I've re-connected to my internet, sent my character home and tried again, restarted my PC, and re-installed the map pack. Nothing seems to be working, and it's kinda bugging me. If anyone could tell me what to do that might fix this, it would be great. Thanks! <3

Lol, funny you say this. This is the map pack we were trying to RP in. :3
I myself have already tried looking for particles, and I know my connection is fine. The RP leader was also having issues, so it must be a server derp.
I guess we should just wait for it to fix it's self. o3o and I liked that map pack >:I

EDIT: Also, it's only the main map that's not working. The attached maps work fine.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:01:40 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 10:05:44 pm »

Offline CrimsonChaos

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm actually cool I swear o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:08:01 pm »
@AlphaEclipse: Thank you for the insight! Also, how did you find out it was just the main map not working? Is there any way to get into the seperate attached maps without using the main one?

Don't drop that herp da herp ey!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »
@AlphaEclipse: Thank you for the insight! Also, how did you find out it was just the main map not working? Is there any way to get into the seperate attached maps without using the main one?

I had my home set in one called Nemus, and I got in there easily because of it. :3 I don't think there's any way you could get in a map in there without going through the main map unless you have your home set there. :c

LOL Vask

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 10:17:05 pm »
WAIT WAIT WOAH WAIT. I never set my home in Nemus. >:I

*Rage Table Flip*

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 01:49:00 am »
This could be a server sided issue and it could very well be that the Game server need a restart, I do believe there might be a few more custom maps with this issue. If it is, I will schedule a server restart in the early morning hours and see if that sorts it tomorrow. If it doesn't, it's most likely connection or loading issues on your part when it comes to that particular map, even though it doesn't seem very likely right now.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 05:09:59 pm »
Thanks for le help Red. I'm sure it's just a server and/or connection problem. I'll be sure to get in game and test out the map throughout the day.

lindaminda

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 06:24:59 pm »
It's probably something with the server since it's bugging few people on other PC-s