Author Topic: Mesh testing partnership?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Thaddeusgrey

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Mesh testing partnership?
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:59:09 pm »
Hey out there. I've been out of the game on FH for a while now, but recently after making some advances and learning new things about meshing and whatnot, I'd like to get back into creating custom maps and mesh objects for it.
My problem is I'm having a lot of difficulty tracking down the proper programs for actually getting my meshes into the game, and discerning whether or not this stuff can even run on my computer. So I'm wondering - is there anyone out there who'd be interested in helping me export and test my meshes? I just need to work out what areas of the meshes work and what don't, and beyond that I can build the maps, texture the meshes, and do most of the work myself. I'm just having a lot of trouble working out how to get the files converted to .mesh format properly, and unfortunately because of school I don't have much time to spend on working it out. I've tried using sketchup and blender and all sorts of other programs to get it converted to proper Ogre .mesh, but it's just not working for me and I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

BUT I still really want to do this! So, my question is:

Is there anyone out there willing to help me convert and test these? I'll supply any helpers I get with as many custom maps and objects as I have time to make for them ^^ So far I have a small experimental den object I'm working on just to test the surface collision:

It's unfinished because I want to make sure first that the actual surface is working properly before I texture it and whatnot.

I can also do some simple buildings and I'm hoping to add stuff like trees and mountains and other things. So is there anybody out there willing to help me out?

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Mesh testing partnership?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:15:37 pm »
I can totally help~ I can't make objects of my own but I'm willing to convert them--just send me the files and I can do it. :3 I might need to redownload files to do it, but I know how

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Thaddeusgrey

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:18:20 pm »
Wonderful! Can you pm me your email or preferred method of transfer? And I will send you the first den mesh to try out.

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:06:49 pm »
This thread should really be in the 'Request/find meshes' board. ^^
Moving it for yew.
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)