Author Topic: The Victory of Life ~ [Prehistoric Mammal RP] [Open]  (Read 9197 times)

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
The Victory of Life ~ [Prehistoric Mammal RP] [Open]
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:15:12 am »
Nestled deep within the Western New Zealand, a secretive establishment goes about its daily routines.

All around are the unfamiliar grunts, howls, and snarls of various creatures- creatures unlike that of the modern era.

White-washed hallways lined with rooms and bustling with men dressed in white lab coats produce life begun in simple test-tubes weekly.

This secretive play on death is one not known to others outside the walls- this man-made facility has done the impossible- re-birthed creatures of the distant past.

Welcome to the Hamilton Research Facility- an establishment proud to boast of its ground-breaking accomplishment- successfully creating long extinct creatures with a few strands of DNA.
After numerous failures, we've finally succeeded in birthing a fully functioning organism. With the one success down, we went ahead with the full cloning of various other extinct mammals- and after generations of functioning breeding, have perfected and restored the many species. All of their kind are descended from the single pair of clones- therefore all creatures we currently possess are now naturally born and bred. For research purposes, all animals are kept during the day in one multiple acre, double electric fence seccured enclosure to study how they interact- at night they are separated and put into smaller concrete enclosures by species. We run various physical and psychological tests on the facility's occupants as well. With our successful cloning and breeding program, we have played God, and resparked the flame of the past...

Plot:
Welcome! You are one of the naturally born "extinct" residents of this facility. You have the choice of being any extinct mammal you desire! You are forced to undergo tests occasionally, but other than that life is pretty good here- for the most part. With the various different species being kept in the one large enclosure, natural tensions mount. Animals with age-old rivalries are often at each others' throats- and many fights break out, some resulting in death. While natural behavior such as hunting is greatly encouraged for data purposes, each death is a huge blow to the facility for obvious reasons. Because you are descended from a mere DNA clone, some animals may have enhanced abilities- such as better senses, increased strength or speed, etc.
Your purpose? Live life as you would thousands of years ago- fight, hunt, eat, live.
At night, as said, you will be put into smaller roomed enclosures with others of your species.

That being said..

Those who manage to escape will be killed to ensure the secretive nature of the establishment.

Those who fight back with the scientists or protest your testing will be sedated and punished- more serious consequences will take place if said protest continues.

You will have enemies. Many species have natural rivalries.

Animals:

Theses are but a few examples of the animals to choose from. If you want to be something I forgot to mention, feel free!

Saber-Toothed Cat

Dire Wolf

Thylacine

Quagga

Woolly Mammoth

Prehistoric Horse

Irish Deer

Short Faced Bear

CaveLion

Aurochs

Again, if there's an animal you wish to participate as that I did not mention above, you are more than welcome to be said animal. <3

Rules:
1.) PLEASE. Do your research on an animal before RPing as it. Many prehistoric mammals are far different than your average wolf or lion, whether it be physically or behaviorally. So please know about the animal before choosing it. Thank you.

2.) Be somewhat literate. No one-liners, please.

3.) Blood, gore, mild language is allowed.

4.) If your character dies, you may make a new one.

5.) You may have as many characters as you can handle.

Note: To keep species numbers somewhat balanced, I will only be accepting one more dire wolf- of the female gender.

Format:
Quote:
Name:
Species:
Alterations(Do you have any enhanced senses/physical abilities from testing/genetically?):
Description:
Personality:
Family:
Other:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:12:30 am by JimMoriarty »
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
Re: The Victory of Life ~ [Prehistoric Mammal RP] [Open]
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 01:15:26 am »
Members

Manoah | Thylacine | Male | 1 Year |

Kelso | Dire Wolf | Male | 5 Y/O |

Arakia | Cave Lion | Female | 3 Y/O

Jarlan | Dire Wolf | Male | 4 Y/O

Lavinah | Dire Wolf | Female | 4 Y/O

Rhina | Dire Wolf | Female | 5 Y/O |

Pitch | Dire Wolf | Male | 2 Y/O
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:46:45 am by JimMoriarty »
sig by me

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 01:15:40 am »
"You can't go back to where you've never been."

Name: "Um, I'm Manoah."  Manoah.

Species: "...I- I don't know, but I think I heard them say I'm a thylacine?"  Thylacine

Alterations: "Not that I.. know of?" His hearing is slightly enhanced.

Description: "Well, I've got stripes!" -Le photo-

Personality: "Uh..." He is generally shy and extremely skittish. Being bullied often by the other animals- there being not many other thylacines- he tends to cling to human company over animal company. He's pretty fearful and would sooner flee than fight. He hates to see others in distress, and would do anything to help someone.

Family: "Just my parents!" Manoah was one of the few animals from the recent batch of DNA cloning. The scientists try to keep the cloning at a minimum to encourage natural breeding and births, but due to the lack of Thylacines, they worked to create a couple to give the species a jump start. Manoah was the only of his "litter" to survive, and regards the scientists as his parents.

Other: "Nope!"

And since er'body just adores him, gotta bring back Kelso. >;3

"Too much is never enough"

Name:"Who's askin'?" Kelso.

Species: "Anyfin' you want me to be. ;3" Dire Wolf

Age: "Come on now, that don't matter, does it?"[/color ]5 Y/O

Alterations: "Does extreme sexiness count? ;3" None. (other than extreme sexiness. XD

Description: "You 'ave eyes, don'tcha?" Photo.

Personality: "Wot's it to you?" In case you can't tell already, Kelso is very stubborn, and obnoxiously flirty. He thinks very highly of himself, and has no verbal filter- often blurting the first words that cross his mind. He enjoys lazing around and being in the pleasurable company of females, but he won't hesitate to fight if provoked. While he'd sooner save himself than fight for another person, he'll do whatever it takes to get the girl, and often has no trouble in succeeding- although his lack of a verbal filter often ends up with him getting slapped. ouo

Family: "Pfft. Who needs family." None. He does not care for long term relationships.

Other: "..Wot?" He has an extremely thick Cockney accent.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:50:46 am by JimMoriarty »
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 03:05:57 am »

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Name:
"Well, I'm not sure if I should tell you my name."
Arakia

Species:
"From what I've heard, supposingly I'm a cave lion. But it doesn't matter what I am, does it?"
Cave lion

Female

"I don't think that's very important, but I'm 3, if you must know."
3 Y/o

Alterations:
"..."
Arakia's speed and agility has increased.

Description:
"I don't think appearance matters right now."
(Photo)

Personality:
"I don't think you need to know..."
Arakia doesn't trust other creatures or humans very easily. She isn't completely classified at sweet since she hardly ever says or does anything nice. She is the one who sits back and listens, and is the one to take the kill at the last moment. She is considered rather odd - others can't usually uncover her demeanor. Arakia is all about survival, and will do whatever it takes to keep herself walking, even if it means pushing others out of her way with regret. Arakia is relentlessly stubborn, proud, and discreetly defiant. At times, it does not show, due to her silent attitude, but once you spark the flame, it'll show up for sure.  To most others, with the exception of a select few, she is reserved, impassive, and somewhat of a loner. She speaks only when prompted to; she keeps her innermost emotions exclusively to herself. Though beneath her shy and withdrawn exterior, is a skilled fighter and formidable adversary. Arakia takes charge pragmatically when lacking a competent superior. It is difficult to gain her trust and respect - one must work to retain it. Regardless, she has unwavering loyalty and faith in those whom she trusts and she would sacrifice her life for her kin and kith.

Family:
"I don't know anyone, nor do I care."
None.

Other:
"No more information."
N/A

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

Name:
"Jarlan."
Jarlan

Species:
"Apparently I'm a dire wolf. Is there something wrong with that?"
Dire wolf

Male

4 Y/o

Alterations:
"Um, n-no."
None.

Description:
"Ha. You sure do ask weird questions."
(Photo)

Personality:
"And how should I describe that?"
Most wolves find it hard to keep steady eye contact with Jarlan's cutting, perceptive gaze, making him appear intimidating and withdrawn. He is amiable to those he has grown close to and enjoys playing pranks. Jarlan is a keen opportunist. He has an ease with words useful in diplomacy, preferring to resolve conflicts with little violence, unlike his rash and overconfident brother who was killed in an attempt of an escape. However, like his deceased brother, Jarlan is a skilled fighter who gains the confidence of his comrades through his charm and ability to rapidly make decisions concerning trivial situations or issues. He is steadfastly loyal to those he cares about and will defend them with tooth and claw, even at the cost of his life. However, he can be a little defensive of himself at times. He doesn't always like admitting to his mistakes, but he tries to. He is also easily provoked and has a temper at times. Sometimes, Jarlan can be overly confidante in himself - usually leading him into some trouble. Be warned, Jarlan is sensitive about his past, and flinches when brought up.

Family:
"No...there's, um, no one."
Jarlan used to have a brother, but he was killed while attempting to escape.

Other:
"Nothing else."
N/A

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 03:08:53 am »
[[Oreo! -tackle hug- I'm glad to see you back, love. <3 c: Accepted of course.
sig by me

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 03:11:58 am »
I might join sometime, maybe tomorrow
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 03:14:38 am »
Lovely! No rush! <3]
sig by me

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 05:04:11 am »

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." -Elbert Hubbard

Name: Lavinah
Species: Dire Wolf
Alterations: Lavinah has enhanced speed but that's about it.
Description: Le photo^
Personality:
?Friendly
?Cautious
?Humorous
?Caring
?Clever
?Impatient
?Stubborn
Family: Lavinah's mother is still clinging to life, she is quite old.
Other: Nothing at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:16:12 am by ????????? »

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 11:55:31 am »

"Its better to bite your tongue than eat your words"

Name: Rhina
Species: Dire Wolf
Alterations: Her speed and strength has increased.
Description: Rhina is a beautiful wolf, her fur is pure black with brown patches mixed in. The she-wolfs coat is very, very fluffy and soft, which works as a great blanket, but her colour also helps her to belnd in when on hunts. Under the mass of fur Rhina has short sturdy legs, along with quite a lot of muscle on her body. Rhi has a few scars jotted around her body and 1 or 2 on her face from hunts and fights. Her eyes are a 'light' yellow colour and they stand out beautifully especially at night.

Personality: Rhina is a very stubbor canine who tends to not listen to others or do what they say, she will say and do what she wants when she wants and tends to not follow orders unless she allows herself to. At times she can come out with bitter words sometimes resulting in hurting the other even if she didn't mean to, but she is less likely to apologise and would probably just say something random. Yes, Rhia does have quite a temper on her and will snap if provoked, this also links to making her fight. She is quite hard headed and brave, along with being very curious. Rhia may not seem it but she does like speaking to those of her species and hanging out with them, although she can get rather boisterous at times. Often Rhia gets herself into trouble because of her stuborness and her short temper, also because she speaks her mind, but this she-wolf isn't one to back down from a fight.
Family: N/A
Other: Nothing Other
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 12:50:48 pm »
[Welcome, both are accepted. <3