Author Topic: The Powerful And The Mighty  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
The Powerful And The Mighty
« on: March 06, 2014, 01:28:18 pm »
I bet your all wondering what the title means.....Im talking about the Literates. I have no real problem with them besides

the fact they exclude us literates for no absolute god dang reason. They act if there all Powerful and Mighty and say stuff

like:

"Sorry, your illeteriate. Leave"

Or

"Im sorry your post is to short and incorrect.....Can you try to make it longer so I can rp with you?"

also

"Im not rping with you, your a noob."

They seem to take a stance of us being noobs even though we could be as good as them one day. Plus all the illiterates

CAN do is teach themselves to rp, Because most of the literate population excludes us. I'm not as good at RP as them but

I try to learn by them...but every time i'm excluded.And countless times i've probably been laughed at because of me

being illiterate.But everyone has their false statements. Some literates claim to be literate but truly aren't. I've seen

many literates use wolfspeak lately, so i'm starting to think when they do let illiterates in to be taught, they are

spreading wolfspeak since they really DON'T know. (Never knew you had a banner where your tail used to be o.O) but

I've seen really good literates that won't even take a moment with me and teach me how to rp more and more correctly.

Don't forget the other thing, rp samples. This is for every literate group out there, I would love somebody right now, to

make a pack, and allow all people in RP. That will give a true chance to let illiterates get better and learn to tolerate ranks

lower of 'literacy' lower then them. All these literates we have to today spit at us and say we are 'noobs' or 'idiots' and

excluding us. Didn't they have the same problems back then? Being excluded because of their literacy? I can never find a

pack now in flourite that says: Literate/ Rp sample needed! I feel more and more discouraged by the thought of this, if

they won't help us, how will we ever grow? Their is only a few special select of us that actually been taught by a

literate.....and maybe be like them in this case to put shame on our shoulders. What is your opinions about this?
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: The Powerful And The Mighty
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »
+Floof for you m'dear.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 04:19:49 pm »
I understand where you're coming from here. I've seen some self-proclaimed "literates" talk down to people who used more simple roleplay styles. Some of the roleplay styles they view as "illiterate" doesn't really make any sense to me.

Some say that this example is "illiterate"

The lioness scooted her cub closer to her to comfort him. "Now listen my son, you may not be ready to help your pride hunt yet. But someday, when you're big enough, you will." She gave him a lick on the cheek.

To me this looks like a decent roleplay post. But to some self-proclaimed "literates" it's illiterate because it's too short and simple, regardless of its proper puncuation, grammar, and spelling. I use the short and simple way, and few have labled it to be illiterate because it's "lacking in detail". What more detail needs to be added? You understand what's happening in the post, right? I don't need to add anything else really.

And then there are those who lable people illiterate for making a spelling mistake. Everyone makes spelling mistakes. No one is perfect. Yet, some people have to make a big deal over it if you make just ONE typo in your roleplay post. It's ridiculous really.

All these literates we have to today spit at us and say we are 'noobs' or 'idiots' and

excluding us. Didn't they have the same problems back then? Being excluded because of their literacy? I can never find a

pack now in flourite that says: Literate/ Rp sample needed! I feel more and more discouraged by the thought of this, if

they won't help us, how will we ever grow?

It's a crying shame that some literate people have to have their roleplay standards so high. Some make it so high that it's practically impossible for anyone to join their roleplay. But hey, with that they pretty much get no one in their roleplay because they rejected everyone that came to give them a sample. Then they find themselves lonely.

But look, not all literates are like this. I've met a few who were kind to someone with roleplay skills that weren't as good as theirs. Not all skilled roleplayers are cruel to others, spit on them, and call them "noob" or "idiots". So saying that all "literates" are like this is just silly.
I can't deny that many of them think highly of themselves, and put others down to make themselves feel more important. You just got to ignore the self-important, self-proclaimed literates and their boastful ways. No matter how much you try to impress them, they are never satisfied and still view themselves as better. Don't try to impress them; who are they to you, really? Who knows, they are probably nobodies in real life. They might be some 30 year old Joe Schmoe living in his parents basement and mooching off their income because he has no job and no life. You never know.

To really ask, is there really a right or a wrong way to roleplay? When it comes to the roleplay styles, there really isn't a right or wrong way to do it.
Inactive

lindaminda

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 05:09:52 pm »
I have to agree with you. You are totally right with this.

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »
~Claps for a few minutes~ I agree!

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline Lukas245

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 01:08:42 am »
I'm glad to see such Kind comments towards this topic, and I understand that some literates do it.

In part of it I said most of the population (though it seems like the whole).

The community seems to go down hill now, there isn't a kind community anymore.

Its more of a....Bad community and Good community, who both hate eachother.

Nothing I would wish for.
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 06:31:04 am »
I believe you deserve a floof. c: I agree with everything you'e said, and good on you for putting it out there!

Offline Lukas245

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 01:07:43 pm »
I agree with everything you'e said, and good on you for putting it out there!

Thank you, I just feel the need to let people know what has happened a lot. If you ask me what the whole entire

literate and illiterate thing could be compared in a different way I would say....

'Its like that dog you couldn't keep because you neglected it and didn't care for it'

That is the truth of what is happening

See you soon~