Author Topic: Leda's Completed *Public* Maps  (Read 8741 times)

Offline reddeadplague

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Leda's Completed *Public* Maps
« on: March 07, 2014, 06:53:16 pm »
Before I share any of these, I'd just like to say that I had my maps stolen before (the issue was resolved) and I ask if you use any of these for your role play, you give me (Reddeadplague/.Cannibalistic./lnsidium in game) credit.  Please and thank you!
I'd also like to say that I've kept these private for a long time, some of them are very early maps or they were made for role plays but the role plays failed.
And please, please read the FAQ or the instructions before you ask for help or anything.  I rarely have problems with my maps or downloads, but when I do I can fix it.  Just please make sure you read the FAQ or Instructions first.

This first one was made for a pack known as the Esthera, it went inactive.  Me and my friends might pop in here or have an RP in here, but that won't be for a few months.  This map is known as Vinctum Hollow.  
Lag:  All of the map testers reported it to be lag free despite the gargantuan size and use of meshes.  If you do lag, just delete the weather file that came in the download, and delete the eruption.fho, as its a particle.
Description:  Huge, probably as big as the plains with great mountains, and a volcano in the center.  It has a dungeon, two camps, a little spring, a tavern, and plenty of hidden places around the map.  I would describe the environment as a pretty dark but lush forest.  It is also an island.
Screenies -
The hot spring

The Volcano

A little hidden room in the map.

One of the camps with a fire pit in it.

A cliffside with flowers and a hammock.

DOWNLOAD:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/eaa1xw30mty0f0y/Island+of+Vinctum.zip

To Install:
First of all, if you receive a DS_Store or MACOSX file, just delete it.  They're extra files that my mac computer gives off when I export it.
There should be four folders in the download.  The folders are titled where the files inside of them go.
All files ending in .fho go under exports (if objects are missing or don't show up, then put them under Feralheart > Media > Objects).
The files ending in .fhs and .fhw go under exports and media > sky.
The terrain file goes under media > terrains > textures and paste it there.
The music (.mp3) file goes under media > sounds.

OTHER MAPS:  I only have one other.  Others are a WIP that I will be submitting later.

THE ARMADA TERRITORIES
Lag:  I don't think any of the map testers got lag, but I do believe you can remove it by deleting the weather file that came in the download and the Waterfall1.fho.  Also try turning off reflections and switching to Direct3D9.
Description:  Massive and mountains, the Armada territories is a huge map that has a lake in the very center, two camps, and its snowy based.  Plenty of dense forest with a lot of hidden places, as well as a big island in the center of the lake.
I think some of the couches glitched into logs.  I'll look into fixing that later, sorry!

Screenies -

DOWNLOAD:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3o9coc06g56mjy/ArmadaTerritories.zip

Instructions
Sorry, for some reason I put a lot of loose files.
All of the loose files go under the exports folder.  The download also comes with two folders.
One folder contains a .fhw and .fhs file.  Place them under exports and media > sky.  
There is also another folder that contains three terrain files.  Place them under Media > Terrains > Then textures.
There is another texture file that isn't necessary to place in, but just in case, it goes under Media > textures.

FAQ -
How can I reduce lag?
Turn off reflections my pressing 'Esc' then going to 'Video' and scrolling down to reflections.  Uncheck it, then they're off and this often helps by a ton.
You can also delete the weather file that came in the download.  It ends in .fhw
You can also delete the eruption or waterfall files, which will remove the eruption/waterfall from the game but still helps with lag.

What do I do if my objects are glitching/not showing up?
The only thing I know that usually works is putting all the files from the download that are object groups (ending in .fho) into not only the exports folder, but also under Media, then place them under the 'Objects' folder.
If it continues I would try reinstalling or deleting other maps that you downloaded but don't use any more.

What do I do if the ground is yellow/black?
Make sure you installed the terrain file into the game.  It should go under the textures folder, which can be found under Media > Terrains.  
You may be missing other textures.  Just ask a friend to send the ground textures over to you.

Does it always rain/snow?
No, none of my maps have eternal rain or snow.  It may go on for a few minutes, but there is a pause and it does shift to other weather.

Can I run an RP in this map?
Yes, but remember that this is public and if another RP comes in you two are going to need to work out something so that you both can share it.  If I find out people are trying to hog this map, I will cancel the download.
And please, give credit as well.  My user/s in game are lnsidium (beginning with a lowercase L, not an I), Reddeadplague, and .Cannibalistic.
If you run an official RP in the map, then please make sure you follow my rules by sharing, giving credit where it is due, and telling me if you're using it.  I may stop by to check it out.

Do you take map requests?
Occasionally, but before you do you should know I admittedly procrastinate a lot and it may take a while.  If you really are patient, you can try asking, I may or may not decline depending on how many maps I'm working on.

UPCOMING MAPS:
-  I'm working on a dark forest, it'll be massive and pretty hillish with lots of trees and detail as well as a cave map linked to it.
-  I'm also working on a fantasy map.  I've always done realistic maps, so I may as well try a fantasy one <:

Enjoy!
(I'll probably add more questions later on.  I don't think its a very hard installation.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:36:49 pm by Ledaline »

Offline reddeadplague

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Leda's Completed *Public* Maps
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:15:09 pm »
** Reserved, just in case.  Feel free to post now. **

lindaminda

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 07:20:10 pm »
I can't believe how can someone steal this wonderfull work.. You did an amazing job! I'll make sure to download it. +floof <3

Offline reddeadplague

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 07:29:53 pm »
I can't believe how can someone steal this wonderfull work.. You did an amazing job! I'll make sure to download it. +floof <3

Thank you!  I'm currently editing this right now to upload another map if you're interested <:
I appreciate it and I hope you enjoy!

Offline greninja

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • varineur
    • varineur
    • View Profile
    • contact
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 07:50:57 pm »
whoa, this map's beautiful! i'm downloading it right now~

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 01:34:08 am »
This is amazing! Great job on it, I can't wait to see more from you!

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline reddeadplague

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 01:35:07 am »
This is amazing! Great job on it, I can't wait to see more from you!

Thank you! <:  I plan to make more later on.

Offline white bird

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • There is no life in the void, only death (Sauron)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 01:59:23 pm »
This is so awesome!Both of the maps,I can't believe it.Awesome work,well done.

-Baby you are no good,think I fell for you,I fell for you.-
-A choice with no regrets-Levi <3

Offline Flamesparky

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Sweet dreams everyone <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 03:56:24 pm »
Nice maps!
My Presets :)

Being less active until school wont finish.
In-Game: FlameSparky
DA: FlameSparky
YT: FeralHeartersTeam

Offline _Rache_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Your future is bright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 08:00:10 pm »
I downloaded Vinctum Hollow. Amazing map--I LOVE it! Excellent work!
I love you