Author Topic: Game Stopped Working  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Cold_Fire

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • We have Independance
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
Game Stopped Working
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:25:11 pm »
Hi. So i recently installed the Pawsome item packs, and it was working along with some other packs. But I got rid of the other item packs because i was seeing different items on people and they were seeing other ones on me. Anyway, after i re-installed the Pawsome items pack so they would be back to normal, but when ever I try to go online and go on a map with other people, the game just stops working, even if I dont have items on. Idk what to do. Also I've tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it. Can someone please help me. And thanks to whoever can!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:27:31 pm by Cold_Fire »

Both done by me
                                        Feel free to request

AlphaEclipse

Re: Game Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:29:33 pm »
This can be caused by many things:

- Make sure you're using an English keyboard and don't click any foreign symbols/letters.
- Make sure your connection is strong and try using FH as the only program open.
- Go into C: >>> Feralheart >> media > particles and delete any ending in _0, _1, and so on.
- Change your rendering system by doing this:

Method number 1~

First, go into C: > Feralheart. If you look at the FH main folder, you will see a flie called:
'orge.cfg'
Click it, and open it with 'NOTEPAD'.

Look at the first two lines in the orge.cfg file. That is where you change your rendering system.

If you followed everything that was typed and the instructions in the pictures, you should have successfully switched your rendering system.

Method number 2~

Turn on FH!
On the main screen, you will see this:

Click options, and go to video. Click 'Rendering System.'

Then just simply switch your rendering system.

Note that sometimes method 2 doesn't awlways work- That's why I listed the orge.cfg file first. ^^

Good luck! Hope this helped those who don't know how to change their rendering system!~

Try all of these, on of them should help! ^_^

For all item packs, make sure you export the items to C:   >>> Feralheart >> media > items and click replace. Export the items.cfg to C: > Feralheart . Otherwise it'll work.

Try searching for missing .cfgs like markings.cfg, emotes.cfg, etc .

ALSO, it's impossible to fix the 'seeing different items' thing . That just means the other person has another item pack.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:31:09 pm by AlphaEclipse »

baltowolflover

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:32:33 pm »
Hmm...Try deleting any particles that end with "01" or so. And maybe try a different rendering program?
Alpha chu beat me. xD

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:53:53 pm »
Re-install the game but be sure to save any maps, screenshots and presets to a new place.
Then be sure to delete anything everything in FeralHeart folder.
Then re-install go to Main Disk/C:/FeralHeart/media/practicels and delete anything ending with _0, _1, _2 and so on.
Good luck and may we help solve the solution! ^.^

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline Kaimeya_Wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • she/her/they/them/he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 12:30:04 pm »
Hmm...Try deleting any particles that end with "01" or so. And maybe try a different rendering program?
Alpha chu beat me. xD
Re-install the game but be sure to save any maps, screenshots and presets to a new place.
Then be sure to delete anything everything in FeralHeart folder.
Then re-install go to Main Disk/C:/FeralHeart/media/practicels and delete anything ending with _0, _1, _2 and so on.
Good luck and may we help solve the solution! ^.^

As everyone else already beat me to (xD) Sometimes particles dupe themselves and cause maps to crash.
I come back after about 4 years! Ill probably still be somewhat inactive from time to time, but im here!

Please don't look at my older posts. I swear, i had a really bad "XD" phase. I am so sorry.