Author Topic: Making shadows work in FH?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
Making shadows work in FH?
« on: March 19, 2014, 06:46:47 am »
So out of boredom, I decided to look at the settings files of the game to see if I could get shadows working in the game.
I found inside of "settings.cfg" in the games a setting under the video section that looks like this.

[Video]
Shadows=false
ShadowDetail=0

Now, I'm thinking KovuLKD disabled this for lower end computers or for stability reasons but I wanted to know if there was still a way to active this in game. So I fired up Cheat Engine and searched for any stings relating to "Shadows" in the game and I found this.

Now, unfortunately I can't do any more with this thanks to Rule 8.

Rule 8 - Altering Game Files
"Do NOT alter any of the decrypted files or codes for the game that might affect the maps and/or gameplay. Giving you an advantage or not, the files should remain intact unless you are given a permission to change them. If you are caught doing this you will most likely face a longer ban."

But what I can see is that the game is loading the files and has settings for them to be enabled but have either been greened out with # in the source or there's something telling the game not to render shadows.

Thought you people might think that's interesting.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:51:34 am by Kwibjo »

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Making shadows work in FH?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:28:38 am »
I have Kovu as a friend on facebook, I'll message him and see what he says... If he replies...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:32:50 am by Kwibjo »

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 02:55:36 pm »
Moving this to Game Help section

Offline Bohimei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • *Hisses at sunlight*
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 03:32:01 pm »
Also stalking this post. Shadows are the one thing FH has been missing and needs, badly.