Author Topic: Look before clicking? ouo  (Read 2421 times)

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
Re: Look before clicking? ouo
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 11:05:51 pm »
I don't watch Danooct1, but I probably will now xD

When I want to watch anything that contains antivirus reviews / comparison, I watch Britec09. Very good quality videos and no cussing.

Not to get too off-topic up there...
Anyway,
I think that it's the Trojan Dropper websites you have to watch out for. I remember that, when our old computer was infected with Adware (Not me <:(), it visited this site that had a weird URL of letters and numbers. The background was white, and there was black text in the top left corner. It said something like "You will be forwarded", whatever that meant (Couldn't see it well, it wasn't me on the computer) There was a pop-up from MSE saying that there was a threat detected on the system. I closed the page for the other person and started looking through the C: drive, and sure enough, found a weird folder with a file in it. Moved it to the Recycle bin, but found nothing in Uninstall a Program, so I checked the Registry for weird keys. Found three, and they were set to run at startup and shutdown. Deleted them, and I guess I got rid of the adware too.. Nothing happened during startup and shutdown, and there weren't any popups.
Problem Solved. Bam. u.e
Le Lesson: Don't go with just Microsoft Security Essentials, unless you don't visit every page in site or download anything you see.. Yerp.

~Le Editzz~
Just looked over Annie's post again, u.u
I make .vbs files.. Of course, there's no malicious coding. They only make text boxes pop up. You can change the title, message, and what the buttons say. You can also change the icon of the message to make it look real xD
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:11:32 pm by IcyFrost »

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.

Offline Kaimeya_Wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • she/her/they/them/he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 06:12:38 am »

~Le Editzz~
Just looked over Annie's post again, u.u
I make .vbs files.. Of course, there's no malicious coding. They only make text boxes pop up. You can change the title, message, and what the buttons say. You can also change the icon of the message to make it look real xD
I know VBS Coding and its pretty fun. I was just saying dont download .vbs ' from random sites xD
They  could be a loop or a shutdown code ;-;
I come back after about 4 years! Ill probably still be somewhat inactive from time to time, but im here!

Please don't look at my older posts. I swear, i had a really bad "XD" phase. I am so sorry.

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 07:15:48 pm »
I'm very careful with what I download. Mostly because of Snap.do
I hate it
I downloaded a file I think.. two YEARS ago, and it came with. Since then it's been a battle to destroy it. I've downloaded countless virus destroyer software, and I still haven't eradicated it.

It's this nasty little virus that infects your browser. It latches onto all your internet files and tries to track you. Most of the time I keep it isolated, but once in a long while it seems to get an update and gets around all my defenses.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline Kaimeya_Wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • she/her/they/them/he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 10:37:03 pm »
I'm very careful with what I download. Mostly because of Snap.do
I hate it
I downloaded a file I think.. two YEARS ago, and it came with. Since then it's been a battle to destroy it. I've downloaded countless virus destroyer software, and I still haven't eradicated it.

It's this nasty little virus that infects your browser. It latches onto all your internet files and tries to track you. Most of the time I keep it isolated, but once in a long while it seems to get an update and gets around all my defenses.

One word.
Malwarebytes.
Also, dont ever mispell google.com for goggle. ITS JUST SO MANY VIRUSES AND JUS
I come back after about 4 years! Ill probably still be somewhat inactive from time to time, but im here!

Please don't look at my older posts. I swear, i had a really bad "XD" phase. I am so sorry.

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 11:36:04 pm »
Wow, this thread got more replies than I expected xD

Anyway, I recommend Kaspersky Antimalware. It removes anything you can think of, from Trojans, worms, ransomeware, spyware, rootkits and Trojan Droppers. Though I don't have it, we used it to remove some stuff from a computer a school. Got rid of everything xD

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.