Author Topic: Effort in Roleplays  (Read 2581 times)

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Effort in Roleplays
« on: March 25, 2014, 11:31:53 am »
I was wondering- How much effort do you put in roleplays?
Do you get borrd and make one then and there? Do you carefully plot beforehand? Do ypu have twenty or so roleplays, or only 3? Do you keep strict standards, or loosen them? Does it hurt you to leave a roleplay, or do you do it daily?

As for me, personally, I put alot of (usally wasted) effort into my roleplays. I plot, map, site, everything... It really upsets me when I have to leave them- usually with a long winded post about how I'm sorry.... Therefor I don't attempt them often. I have only ever tried to run 4 packs.

So, what about you guys?

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

wolfdog01

Re: Effort in Roleplays
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:45:34 pm »
Usually in game I just try to jump right into an RP, if they'll let me. I hate it though when no one wants to have a "non-realistic" animal (Thyme=demon) in their RP. And every RP that I do find that will allow me to be a demon is usually just basic colors, Ex: black, red, white, gray. It's so boring, and they're all wolves too! I usually have to end up making a lion char and just try to join something at FP.
But when I do find a good RP, I put my effort into it, I make drawn out paragraphs with detail and I like to joke around and laugh while OOC during RPs to keep it happy and upbeat, especially with friends.
I've never made a site or map for my RPS, but I did once make a map for this one persons' RP, Idk if lasted though. I do have this one map though that I do want to RP in, but again, I can never find the right people to RP with...

I feel as though this was a bit more of a rant than an actual response to the topic ^^;

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »
I put a ton of effort into my rps. Detailed maps, elaborate plots, beautiful websites.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 08:12:27 pm »
Usually I put as much as I possibly can in any role-play I create. That consists of beautiful maps, a detailed and well-designed website (which I sometimes have to pay for- dependin' on how nice I'd like it to be), an organized plot line, strict yet reasonable rules to follow, etc. When I do make a role-play successfully, I don't simply abandon it. I gather my closest acquaintances- map makers, preset/character designers, those who are experienced with HTML codin', etc.- and they aid me with what I aim to establish. We also keep hush hush about the upcomin' role-play until everythin' is 100% finished and ready to be shown to the public. Usually my role-plays are successful for a few months, however as of late I no longer run role-plays for I merely don't have time to properly run them. Two role-plays I have ran are Project Psychosis and Galdu Arima. Two role-plays that I, and many others, have grown to love and will never forget the memories we all created in em'.

I also no longer join role-plays. Whenever I do, ye' could say I'm quick to spot flaws and contradictions. Thus, sometimes doesn't leave me in good terms with some of said role-play's members whenever a quarrel breaks out that never needed to surface to begin with. If it's not that, then it's because, as stated before, I have not the time to be as dedicated as I'd like to be.
gone

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:15:01 am »
Well, for me, I REALLY don't like leading. Pressure gets to me, I start to freak out in the real world (anxiety and such, ugh) and it ruins the whole concept.

I love working towards 'high ranks' and being active to help the leader though, so go figure. My brain is weird.

But when I did own one RP, it had a fair bit of effort in; large (I stopped counted at 100), multi-map, complex ranks etc. This lasted for a really long time, but eventually I stopped going on it because the stress made it really not fun for me. The group was eventually disbanded, but I kept a lot of great friends. Every cloud, eh?

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 06:43:49 pm »
I don't make them as much as participate in them.

I put a LOT of effort into them, and try to be active, unless things cause otherwise.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 08:02:08 pm »
Well for myself i honestly don't roleplay in fh as much as id like to because it's difficult for me to find people i can connect with on there anymore. But it depends how inspired i am by the roleplay. I've only ever done 2 packs, technically one i guess since one is when i took complete control of the group from the previous owner. I worked extremely hard at the type to provide an efficient site and spent days on a large map for the group. Though when it turned time to rp only a few days later did people stop showing up, give excuses about not coming on or just causing drama OOC. Keep into account that there is a large audience of younger play that play feralheart in the game than myself and I felt like  I had to baby sit them all. Not only that. the rp just turned a direction i didn't want it to, to the point everyone was a mass power player. And whats even sadder is a whooping total of only like 7 people actually looked at the site and joined. So I think from now on i wont do mass prep like that anymore but if an ongoing rp (if i ever start another) interests me ill gladly make a site and map for appreciative player.

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline flomfloat83

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 12:37:09 pm »
Eh. I always have these really great ideas for roleplays, make the group and site then just leave it because I'm crap at recruiting.

If it something that I'm really into and the people are active, I'd probably keep up the group.
But sadly, that is never the case.
dora the explorer, nuff said

Find me in-game as: mushyroom, flomfloat83 or baconpancakes11

Offline inuyasha1086

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 12:54:35 pm »
I personally prefer to join than start, but when I do start I keep myself at a strict limit of no more than 2 other rp's and only 1 other high ranking position otherwise I never have time to recruit and work with my own rp. There have been multiple rp's that I led and let die because it felt like I was babysitting all my members because they wanted to do unrealistic things in the plotline and couldn't come up with a creative post on their own to save their life... literally.

The current rp I'm running is doing okay. The hardest part is recruiting because it's an elemental wolf rp and some people mistake my wolf for a sparkle wolf instead of an elemental even though my main pelt color is grey. XD But this rp has been 2 years and coming because I've had that character for a while but couldn't find her a rp so I just made her one. It's got detailed elements but freedom when choosing powers. The rules are kind of generic rules but I do enforce them We are a literate group and people who aren't at least semi-literate are turned away or kicked. No offense to them I just don't like rping in single sentences with bad grammar. We have a beautiful detailed map, just big enough for the rp, and a site with everything on it. And I guess that's it ^^;

^Click to join my rp!

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 01:38:59 pm »
I try to keep myself organized and only have about 3 rps I'm in, but normally I loose interest in them pretty quick. I've tried to make roleplays before but as everyone said before, "I'm crap at recruiting" X( Plus nobody seems interested in my plotlines, even if they're action-packed or realistic and whatnot. Normally I stick to the forums for the "base" of my roleplays, I don't like to make sites and forums that much.
I plan out all of my roleplays and set up a plot and characters...boom, nobody's interested in something I took time out of my life for, when I could have been doing something else. BL k enough complaining