Author Topic: Warrior Cat Rps? The Input  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Warrior Cat Rps? The Input
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:34:33 pm »
So, I have nothing against warrior cat rps, but recently I've noticed more and more arguments spreading around leaders as they recruit. Like for example, when a warrior comes to SB a leader asks "(warrior name) need a clan?" And another asks the same question, then the one who asked first goes "Um I asked first so they are joining my clan." Then this huge argument breaks out about who the cat will join. Then the warrior becomes uncomfortable and leaves. This has happened to me many times, and I just want your guys opinion on it.

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
Re: Warrior Cat Rps? The Input
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:57 pm »
I've noticed this too, mainly because I've been a group leader before, and still am.

Let me try to explain:

It's a war.
All it is, is a war.
Group leaders are ALWAYS fighting over members, so that they become the most popular, active, largest group.
From what I've noticed, most group leaders don't even care about RPing much anymore.
All they care about is the numbers.

It's like in middle/highschools (from what I've heard).
Most popular kids aren't even being themselves, they're using a fake front to try and become popular, even if they don't care.
It's the fact that they hold the title of 'popular' that makes it worth giving up yourself.

It's similar with /most/ group leaders.
They pretend that their group is active and fully literate.
I've joined RPs where the group/group leader NEVER RPs!
They just sit there and chat the entire time.

It's what happened to TWR.
They took the 'Best WC Group!' 'Most Active and Popular WC RP!' and other praises too highly.
When I joined towards the peak of their RP, I sat in the map for 3 HOURS and never RPed, only OOC.
TWR claimed to be the best, most active, literate RP there is, but they don't even RP.
They put up a fake front to make themselves seem cooler.

Back to the topic at hand, it has to do with what's above.
Group leaders see how many members they can get to waste 2 or 3 hours sitting by them, just to never RP.
When a group leader notices another of the same has called out upon a piece of 'valuable' member space, they MUST take it from them.
They have to get that member, or else that other clan will become better than them!
So, they ask the same person to get them to join their clan and not that other one.
But, leader A, who asked first, gets angry because leader B is taking their member.
So a war starts.

While group leaders many not think about this, it's really what's going on.
Me, along with quite a few of my group leader friends, try to avoid this.
We made an RP to RP, if we get 5 members or 36 doesn't matter.
We're RPing? Great! That's what I want.

But from what I've seen, others don't think the same.
They want to become the most popular, most active group there is for bragging rights, nothing more.
And because of this, wars break out.

That's the best answer I can give you, and it's also kinda a rant.
So sorry. XD
Trans, gay, and ready to play

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 11:13:04 pm »
I've never seen that before o.o
Maybe it's 'cause I don't go to FP so much because of all of the WCs (no offence to them!)
But I do notice them just sitting around the SB for a while and usually not saying anything until another WC pops up.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 11:17:49 pm by ~Thyme~ »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 12:02:04 am »
I think fighting over potential members for a clan is just silly, pointless, and childish. It's really up to the person looking for a clan to join whichever clan they like. If he doesn't choose your clan to join, don't fuss about it. There will always be other potential members you can recruit.
Inactive

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:55:25 am »
I only join the mapped clans near cape, which tend to be nicer overall, so I've yet to see this before. It does sound rather pointless though.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 01:06:57 am »
It's very divided on the WC front.

Some people love the idea, and join heaps of clans.

Other hate them, and tend to be a bit hurtful.

I, personally, do not join the clans as y have a tendency to derp in and out of existance and activity. But I do have a rogue cat, and it's fun to come up to clans and talk/fight with them. Some are extremely original, and I respect that, but many are very similar in structure, only differing by the people in them, and names. c:

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 01:52:19 am »
I agree, some mapped WC Rps are nicer but some like TWR who put the high labels on such as the first Floof to respond has mentioned do tend to be a little much. Also, I agree it is childish to fight over members. Thanks for commenting so fast guys.~

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 07:05:06 am »
Wait, leaders are now fighting over members so they can be the "popular, big" group?

SERIOUSLY?! If it's a ROLEPLAY GROUP, then it should be about roleplay. Just getting the members for popularity is not a roleplay group, it's a trophy to the leaders. The leaders are treating his/her members like trophies. That's NOT a roleplay group.

I myself stopped roleplaying on this game, so I would never open a roleplay group, especially when I need to be responsible as role in leader as in a Warrior Cat's group. I know I need to tend for the clan, and that's overwhelming for me. Instead talking in OOC at all times I'm with the group, I will just diss leading roleplay groups. If a person is willing to be a leader in a roleplay group, they should roleplay with their members often, not just slack off like sloths.

Offline inuyasha1086

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 02:04:09 pm »
Yeah, that's why I stay away from SB when I'm on a warriors char and I only join mapped clans... If they don't rp I leave. There have been some good rp's that I joined though and it does take a bit of weeding out to find those. The main reason I rp warriors is because I need some time to get away from responsibility in my other rp's where I'm high ranking and since almost all warriors rp's have the same rules it's easy to get into the groove. So in other words I think they're both a good and bad thing.

^Click to join my rp!

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 02:49:06 pm »
I think fighting over potential members for a clan is just silly, pointless, and childish. It's really up to the person looking for a clan to join whichever clan they like. If he doesn't choose your clan to join, don't fuss about it. There will always be other potential members you can recruit.
Right here.

Just as well, being rude to other recruiters looks pretty bad on you (as a leader), and in extension, it makes your RP look bad (since the leader's behaviors often reflect their group, or appear to [can you name a few examples?]). Politeness is attractive when advertising or trying to convince others that your RP is "the one" they need to join.

However, if you're being rude to someone else, you're just stepping on your own tail by doing so.

(Plus, it's just a good, general rule to be sweet to your fellow Rpers! It makes for a much more pleasant game experience for everyone).
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||