Author Topic: Map problem - Marshmallow buildings!  (Read 1206 times)

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
Map problem - Marshmallow buildings!
« on: April 04, 2014, 08:26:12 am »
Ohhai,

So, I'm making a map and stuff. I know when that lil annoying glitch happens (some meshes just decide to be marshmallowy coz they can) when you export them. So, it happened with a sofa, and a temple building thingy. I stuck the sofa files in my_objects like I usually do when this happens - fine and dandy!

It works in my online FH, no problems.

Tried the same with the temple thingy files: NOPE.

Here's what it looks like:  

The meshes that you CAN see are separate to the building, btw. Of no relevance. Help?

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
Re: Map problem - Marshmallow buildings!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:28:49 am »
Hmm....
Well, I might not be much of help and I don't know much about the meshe's, but I'll still try to help chu. <3

Hm... I reamember downloading that Temple a long time ago and it was a marshmellow too.
Perhaps contacting the original maker of the mesh anmd discussing how to make it look like a temple and not a marshmellow temple? Hm?

Anyways, be sure that you added the .PNG .MATERIAL .JPEG .MESH to the my_objects folder and if it has a .OBJECT place it in Objects folder and then try?
Idk.
Again, I'm not so much of help.
Good luck thought! ^.^

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:26:48 am »
Thank you for responding, Tiny.

I have put all the files in their allocated places - but if this Temple has done the same thing for you, it must a problem with the mesh, not the files.

It does have a texture in Map Maker though, so it SHOULD be fixable. I'll try to work it out. c:

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 04:57:01 pm »
White mesh indicates a missing material(.material file).

Either it's missing all together in the folders and cannot be found by the game, or the game/object maker hasn't gotten a material assigned to the mesh itself, something you can sort on your own. If the mesh comes with a .material file:

-Just open it up with wordpad or notepad
-Find the name of the material within the text, an example could be "TempleMat"(Make sure you use the right one).
-Load the mesh into object maker
-Write in the material name in the material field for the mesh as it is "marked/selected"

And you should not have a white mesh anymore if you did it correctly. Not all meshes comes with assigned materials and you'll need to write them in yourself once in a while.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 11:42:01 pm »

-Just open it up with wordpad or notepad
-Find the name of the material within the text, an example could be "TempleMat"(Make sure you use the right one).
-Load the mesh into object maker
-Write in the material name in the material field for the mesh as it is "marked/selected"

Thank ye there, Red. I shall give this a go - my only concern was that the Temple showed up in Map maker, but not when I downloaded the map to test it. I have obviously GOT the files somewhere, it's just a matter of locating them and putting them in the download! Thank you both for replying!