Author Topic: Roleplay Fights are FAIL  (Read 29325 times)

pantherbleu

Re: Roleplay Fights are FAIL
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2012, 12:22:29 pm »
I totally agree!
I mean, all characters have to die one day. The other day i made a new char that was pretty evil, and two or three days later he got attacked by two female lion (lion pride rp) one has bite his shoulder (he can survive that) but the other one pined him to the ground and bite his neck pretty hard. After the fight was done, he got up walked away a bit and fell on a bridge over a river. The wounds were bleeding hard and he finally fell in the water and drowned.
Making a char die can be really interesting and it's not funny when anyone dies!

Offline Silvertail12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Quack o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2012, 06:58:06 pm »
i did godmod once on accident when i was annoyed at this person ruining my rp with my friend. i kinda regret it...
what i do is just stay away from a fight. if im actually in one and im godmodded then i ignore that person and go to another. if they continue trying to fight me and i killed then in rp i block them.
all im saying is that if you killed then in battle and they're still fighting you, block them. fighting unfairly is a bad rper that should be blocked

Offline catwarrior

• Experienced Traveler
  • Kitkatcrunchness
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2012, 07:09:26 pm »
I hate when god-modding happens. Never been in a god-mod fight, but I've seen one..
It totally ticks me of how ppl can find a new way to god-mod everyday..
:3 ~I'm baaaaaaaaaack!~

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2012, 10:08:14 pm »
But yeah godmodding is getting way too common if kovu ever decides to put the old attacks like in IT in here but adapts them for character fights too it would pretty much solve this.
I know it would take a while but it's just a suggestion.
     My only concern with that would be people going around killing everyone for no reason, like a full pvp server on some of those MMO games. Either the person would have to accept the duel, or there would have to be safe zones so we don't have greifing. Even on IT and the inability to "kill people," this happened. I think that's actually one of the main reasons Kovu never implemented the ability for users to kill each other. Only Npcs could kill you.

Offline Viinca

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
  • Icon by Ramine ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2012, 03:39:50 pm »
To be fair, this often happens in the short term mapless RPs, when players mix with people they don't really know. This rarely/never happens in RPs you are familiar with because you more or less have a plot to follow and you expect to fight people or that people would want to fight you. I do enjoy a good fight, to be fair, it can be fun and not necessarily creates drama. It's a matter of taste and preferences, but you are right about the godmodding fights. I don't see how that can be fixed though, maybe bringing in a 'fight mode' like there was on IT? It's up to Kovu, and for now I don't think they are planning to do it, but why not? It could be fun C:

CrystalSprint

« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2012, 04:22:35 pm »
It seems very similar to dumb children playing their little games, and should be treated with as much merit here as there.

Offline Jesicat

• Curious Wanderer
  • The word 'seepage' bothers me.
    • View Profile
    • Misfits with Mushrooms
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2012, 07:20:39 am »
haha, your just not fighting with the right people. There are those out there who do not want to loose no matter what and this results in god-modding. There is a point in fighting rp when you have to realize that your opponent obviously has better 'skills' than you and you must allow yourself to fall, and vise versa. I will not continue a fight if I correct someone on their GM and they persist. Its no fun for anyone when people do that sort of thing.

Offline TrollFace123

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2012, 09:04:35 am »
Yeah I remember when some good RPers were around games, now its just flooded with n00bs that try to auto-hit and god mod and won't let anyone other then themselves win. At this point when someone asks me to RP,  ::)

L0ner

« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2012, 09:38:17 am »
exactly! and in warriors rps, theres bound to be fights, but everyone keeps dodging every attack, fights I roleplay in go like this:

L0ner(my in-game username): tries to bite foot
Person: dodges
L0ner: tries again
Person: dodges
L0ner: swipes paw at -whatever name-
Person: dodges, and kills -character I play as.

it does go on far longer, but I never get to hit them, and then they would suddenly type 'kills' I think there should be a thing in actions, where, two people's characters would have to be facing eachother, and if both of them click a thing saying 'fight' there is like a little battle arena where you can use special moves from different buttons(keyboard keys)

that'd probably be hard to do though, but if people would just fight fair.

dazzy

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2012, 07:33:09 pm »
I am still learning the proper skills at RP fighting.  I did have someone randomly try to kill my character because I wouldn't leave a cave.  He came in and said "leave or die?"  I said something like "live free or die" and this is what happened.

attacker - pulls out knife.
me - eats knife
attacker - pulls out gun
me - eats gun
attacker - pulls out hand grenade, ha ha
me - eats hand grenade
attacker - pulls out poison that will kill anybody instantly
me - makes "attacker's name" eat it
attacker - your cool you can stay
me - thanks!  But I was just leaving.

I know this isn't an example of a good rp fight but it was pretty funny.  The guy was more or less trolling and trying to get a rise out of me.  We were actually friends after that!