Author Topic: Roleplay Fights are FAIL  (Read 29650 times)

Offline XxKalixX

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • The Monkeys Are Coming!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay Fights are FAIL
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 07:08:02 pm »
Personally, I don't mind the odd RP fight.
In fact, mostly my characters are weak and almost always walk away dead or dying. Like, one or two of my characters are strong. They would still be injured.

But, in the /depressing\ part of my life before FH, I've experienced so many God-mods it's actually not funny. At some stages, it can get so bad that I just say: "Wolf2 limps away, snarling at the victor." And if they attack again after that, I say: "Soz, gotta go RP with someone who won't kill me like Darth Vader or Caine Soren." If nothing else, it baffles them long enough for your character to limp away further.

BTW, Darth Vader can kill you with a thought. Ditto Caine Soren.

/lol spot-the-fail. XD/

("Walk away dead or dying")
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 07:15:27 pm by Kali »
I haz interwebz and laptop! Feel free to have another Nyan-Cat! :3

Babe

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 09:55:47 pm »
I only roleplay with very few people, and those who i know are worth my time. Those who aren't or don't appear to be.. well, oh well to them. xP

Offline Dussana

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 12:40:17 pm »
yeah you're right  :-\

Kreapaer

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 06:11:11 pm »
Agreed.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 11:52:03 pm »
  Please don't necro, the last post was 2 months ago.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Fath

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 11:52:39 pm »
I noticed this as well, not so much here but TONS in wolfquest O.e so i have been thinking about a way to salve this (at least in a pack im doing) Is sort of a point system. *please dont use this idea without PMing me first, i have been thinking about this for a while*

here are what you can put your points into

Attack-  (how hard, and deadly, the attack is, higher the number, the harder)
Agility- (how good they are at dodging, getting out of pins, and stuff like that)
Defense- (making it so the hit does not hit somewhere vital injuring, can also be called fortitude)
Health- (there basic health, they may hit hard but if you actually hit them, they have a higher/lower chance of a serous injury or even a fatal one)

How the point system works is kinda based on your rank in your pack/pride/herd/WHATEVER 8'D

Alpha-25 points (strongest wolf is leader xDD)
beta-20 points (second strongest duh)
delta-15 points (weaker then fighters O.e)
Fighters-18 points (they are more "battle attuned" so they have higher points)
Healers-10 (fttt there is a reason they HEAL xDD)
Apprentices- 7-14 (depends on what they are apprentice OF xD)
Pups- 4-6 (lol a pup is a pup xDD that way a killer pup cant go off killing whole packs like i sometimes see O.e)

Also, depending on the wolf (or dog, cat, lion, unicorn, my little pony ect.) are basic advantages and disadvantages, like-

Lead ___ gets +2 points (example, lead fighter, or lead healer)

Pregnant females vary depending on how pregnant they are barely pregnant(0-2 weeks), -0, three weeks -0 or 1, six weeks -2, nine weeks -3 and labor is a freaking -10  (based on a nine week gestation period of wolfies =D)

also illness and injury can effect how many points a wolf has.

And, this weird thing i call "rage points" that gives a wolf +1-7 TEMPORARY points. Rage points ONLY come into effect if the wolf receiving them is emotionally unstable from something the other wolf (or his pack) has done. Like if they killed his mother, mate, leader, stole his pups, trespasses or stuff like that. NOT "OH HE STEPPED ON MY TAIL, +7 ATTACK!"

How a clash works with this system is in a wolfs bio they wrote down there points, and depending on what the stats of the wolf is who "wins" and stuff like that

Example

Wolf one "moon" is a pregnant (4 weeks) Lead fighter, so she has 19 points that she spread out like this

Attack-6
Agility-5
Defense-2
Health-6

Wolf two, "Claw" is a beta, but has a -2 injury to his back right leg from a recent fight, so he has 18 points

Attack-9
Agility-1
Defense-5
Health-3

Now, its clear that Moon has more points, but that DOES NOT MEAN SHE WINS, there is a higher chance of her winning, yes, but no gerentee. This is where the RPers do there magic, they RP.

Claw can hit harder, and more deadly, but Moon can dodge quite a bit of hits, though if she does not dodge its more likely to do more damage, but shes tough and can take more. Claw cant dodge worth crap, but is good at deflecting hits, but if he doesn't, hes history

Now keep in mind this is a WIP, and not NEAR done, there are still lots of bugs, and wholes, and flaws, i know xDDD I might add some more bonus points for some players, like if there wolf has been fighting all there life, they might get a boost or something =\ IDK

again, if you plan to use this idea, or basic idea, ASK ME VIA PM FIRST and give me some credit 8'D Dont worry, ill most likely say yes ^^ i dont bite

if i find out you stole this without asking (and receiving a yes xD), i will gat a mod on your tail so fast your tail will spin >:D

Im free for suggestions! =D

EDIT---------
WOA that was long O.e sorry xDD lol

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 11:55:08 pm »
  I'm going to say the same to you as I did to the last freaking person, DON'T NECRO! The last post was 2 months ago!

Offline Toxik

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "Don't gaze into the eyes of the demon...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 11:58:13 pm »
It really depends on who your fighting with, Of course if its people that think their just so pro to god mod, Then avoid it. A combat system would be completely perfect for a feline/canine game.

But with a group of friends, usually it doesnt get bad into god modding.
"Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you."

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 12:01:19 am »
  Oh for goodness sake, I give up with you people. Go on, necro all you freaking want.

QueenMalkia

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 12:05:05 am »
Pff you guys really think the players of FH will ever get into an actual battle system? Maybe if it was part of the game, as in, FH turns into an actual MMORPG, but trying to spread a battle system with only a handful of people who even bother to read this forum to people who don't even write complete sentences? Futile.