Author Topic: Inserting meshes into Feral Heart?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline emubird1

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Inserting meshes into Feral Heart?
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:37:56 am »
             Ideally, this would be best for anyone who knows how to create objects from scratch and really creating the mesh.. I've moved the file to my objects folder and I've turned it into a MESH file on note pad, it has all the really long text inside just like any other MESH file. But when I try to open the mesh inside Feralheart, it crashes my game. I really want to get into making my own objects from scratch but I've never done this before so, I need help on getting the mesh inside Feralheart. Please.

Offline RedWine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Inserting meshes into Feral Heart?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 02:56:43 am »
Is the object your talking about something you've made by scratch already? If it is, what program are you using to make it? Did you rename this file to make it into a .mesh or did you use a converter?

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 05:55:51 am »
What program are you using? I'm able to assist you if you're using Blender, possibly version 2.49b which has working scripts and converters installed.

Using Notepad to "convert" the file type to .mesh will not work and yes, will crash your game. It's a big no no, lol.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline RedWine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 06:52:49 am »
What program are you using? I'm able to assist you if you're using Blender, possibly version 2.49b which has working scripts and converters installed.

I've actually been using the newest version of Blender, which is 2.70. :D The blender2ogre plugin works, but it only exports your mesh as a .xml file. Though, I found Ogre Command Line Tools which allows you to convert .xml to .mesh and back. It works like a charm and imports into FH perfectly.

Emubird, if you don't have any of this stuff I mentioned, I'm willing to help you get it set up so you can start making your own meshes. I'm actually willing to help anyone, really.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 12:27:12 pm »
I've actually been using the newest version of Blender, which is 2.70. :D The blender2ogre plugin works, but it only exports your mesh as a .xml file.

I was never able to get the plugins working for any later version of Blender, I always had some sort of problem with exporting. My mesh always appeared "disfigured" in-game lol ^^"
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline RedWine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 04:00:04 am »
Disfigured? That's sounds strange. I've never had that happen before. o: