Author Topic: Random Item on Other Players  (Read 1061 times)

Offline RedWine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Random Item on Other Players
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:05:35 am »
Maybe it is an issue, maybe it isn't. What I'm mostly curious about is how seeing other people's equipped items works. If someone knows the exact details, do tell.

Okay. So what's going on is that I'm seeing one of my items on another player that I haven't released yet. Nobody has this mesh but me. I whispered this person asking them if they had any equipped items. Turns out that they have two items equipped on their character, but none of them shared the same information in the items.cfg. There was one thing that came close but not quite, unless one of us miscounted. One of their items were at 15 in line inside their list, while the item I see on them is 16 for mine. I went into my items.cfg and swapped the 16th item with another one that I have. I logged back in and the item I swapped it with is now the item I see on their character.

Here's an image to help explain:

Personally, I have come to the conclusion that items aren't shown on the character by matching the information (such as the item name between [ and ] or the mesh file name), but rather shown by where the item is in the list. This kind of sucks, in my opinion. I wont be able to see what other people have on their characters unless I place the item exactly in the same spot as they did inside my items.cfg file.

If what I just explained is how this thing works, then maybe consider changing it? Perhaps the thought of custom items weren't in mind when coding this? Either way, it would be great to get this fixed.

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Re: Random Item on Other Players
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 04:39:53 am »
Well there is a simple reason for this, They have a different item pack to what you do.

You see in their items.cgf they will have a differnt order to their item coding, but FH don't recognize an item by what it's called or what files it has it looks at the order of YOUR Items.cgf and uses your order for every player's items.

This will mean you see random Items on players

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Feel free to pm me for help!

Offline RedWine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 06:05:21 am »
Well there is a simple reason for this, They have a different item pack to what you do.

You see in their items.cgf they will have a differnt order to their item coding, but FH don't recognize an item by what it's called or what files it has it looks at the order of YOUR Items.cgf and uses your order for every player's items.

This will mean you see random Items on players

Ah, yeah. I kind of figured. x-x I hope they can change it to be a little more efficient. It's too much of a hassle and kind of pointless to have items if it ends up going all weird like it is.

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:01:59 am »
I'm afraid we can't fix it, as that would require the source codes, which we don't currently have.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 03:14:33 pm »
aye... As mocha has said, there is no way to fix this without the source codes, which Kovu is still on the fence about releasing to us.

So unfortunately we'll have to grin and bare it

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Feel free to pm me for help!