Author Topic: Needing a Small Favor  (Read 1377 times)

Offline RedWine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Needing a Small Favor
« on: April 11, 2014, 06:00:00 am »
I've been working on a gui layout and need to see if the small reminder thing that appear above the Friends or Party (saying you have a request) is in alignment.

I tried going to several areas ingame where people were talking ooc and simply saying I needed a favor for testing my gui every now and then to see if someone would reply. Like usual, I was completely ignored... Guess I just have bad luck. So, I gave up on trying to seek help ingame and decided I should just ask on the forum for anything I need.

Here's a little sneak peek of my gui (I'll be releasing it when it's finished):

What I need is for someone to send me a friend request. I would ask for party request too, but we'd both have to be online for that, I'm guessing. I'll try to see if someone would be willing to help me with that one while ingame... Anyway. My ingame username is killerlepord. I'll decline the friend request if you say to.

A helping hand would be greatly appreciated.

Also, please let me know what you think of my gui so far. I want to make sure people would even like it enough to download and use it. Otherwise, it would kind of be useless to put it up...

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Needing a Small Favor
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:45:25 am »
Ohh, I do like this.
First the fact that there is no bright, blinding colours that hurt your eyes.
But also secondly, it's a smaller one. I've never seen anyone make the buttons the way you have and it's a plus for me. Meaning it's unique.
It doesn't get in the way like the default one can be.
I also like the fact that you've put the shortcuts on there. I can be a bit absent minded and forget which one is which.
Doesn't help that I mix them up with other games I play or have played. :)
I sit there pressing every shortkey I can remember until I find the one I want.

The only thing I wonder is if it's "too" small.

I would help you in-game if I could. But, I'm on my phone at work, and I've got no internet at home. :I
I hope someone is willing to test it out for you. :3
Goodluck!
RETIRED.

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:51:27 am »
The mod looks great so far! I love how it's not neon like alot of others. I can certainly send you a FR, and I can get online in the next 20 minutes or so- would that work?

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 01:07:01 pm »
Never have I seen an interface, or GUI, like this. I'm thoroughly impressed the way ye' were able to design it. I especially like the fadin' transparency and the light grey color scheme. Somethin' I myself will enjoy usin' once the download is displayed and its progress completed. Unfortunately, like Ms. Ressy, I too am stuck on my phone at the given moment however later on if ye'd like an additional test subject, I'll be happy to lend a paw.
gone

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 04:29:34 pm »
This is a very nicely constructed graphic interface you've created, Aria. I like the modern theme to its design and small detail. I really like how you included the short-cuts onto the interface, also. What I like most is that the color scheme doesn't mold into the background. Added, how simple it is, because some interfaces can have too much going on with their scheme as far as too many pictures or too much color. So far, this is looking great, take your time, though, don't rush your work.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline RedWine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 08:09:40 pm »
Thank you very much for the responses everyone! :D I just recently found someone ingame who was able to send me a friend request. The notification bubble is right where it needs to be. And thank you very much for letting me know what you think. I'll definitely try to finish this, and especially take my time to make sure it looks nice and works properly.