Author Topic: No Lonely Cave; No Graphics Working  (Read 1106 times)

Offline SwiftEcho

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
No Lonely Cave; No Graphics Working
« on: April 14, 2014, 12:27:33 am »
Whenever I load the game, everything works fine, up until playing. I don't have any home set, no lonely cave. Just the void. If I reset home and go home, it says map file isn't found. My friend moved me over to Fluorite plains. Same problem, everything is simply the void. I can see other players, although their skins don't load except for one or two and their hair colors load. Other than that, the void. I'm sure you're aware of the void; I can walk and jump and see my character just fine. I tried downloading a map for a group my friend is in, however I had the same problem. He moved me to the server when he logged in for me. Anyways I could talk to people like it worked and such, but my player wasn't where he moved me and I wasn't able to see anything. More void..

So I'm thinking it might be one of three things that might just be a result of bad coding (no offense when I say bad coding), or a fourth option which would be my own fault.

Either A. The program cannot be in a directory with a space in the name. I have it under Program Files in the C drive, so since there's a space in Program Files maybe it's being glitchy and FH can't work like that.

B, I have it set to a custom directory path, program files, instead of wherever it tells me to be, I forget where that was.

Or C, I have administrative locks on certain paths. The game needed admin password to download, I'm thinking maybe there might be an admin block over the path and the game needs to download stuff online everytime it runs to work, or something?

I run Windows 7, and have 4G of ram. 64-bit OS.
I think the fourth problem might be that I only have 2 gigs left on my C drive. I have 300G to start with (family computer) but I would think since the game is less than 100MB I should be fine. Either way it could be a problem too.

If someone smart could help out, that would be great. Thanks for reading.

Offline RedWine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: No Lonely Cave; No Graphics Working
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:45:43 am »
I had a similar issue when I installed the game to my program files folder instead of the default location. Turns out that it NEEDS to be in directly in the C drive. I don't think it has anything to do with the coding for FH made by Kov, but more of OGRE. My brother was messing around with ORGE and found out that you can't put your game in program files because of some sort of "rights protection" thing. Stupid, I know.

Try putting it in the C drive and let me know if that works.

lindaminda

Re: No Lonely Cave; No Graphics Working
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:54:48 am »
Thats awkward..
Okay so, lets first try with few tutorials. And you could add few pics so we can see what's exactly going on with your game.
If you don't know how to upload pics, look at this:

Upload the screenshot, using Tinypic.com, Photobucket.com, or any other image sharing site.
Make sure you paste the image URL between the image codes.
Code:
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]

Okay that was easy.

Now to the main problem.
Here are some problems you might have:

Game is not starting or having graphical issues/glitches.

FeralHeart is a game like so many others out there, it needs a computer to do all the work so you can play it. Not everyone can just install the game and it works all perfect for them. Sometimes the computer might even be really old and the game too new. But if you got a computer from the last 5 years, playing this game shouldn't be any problem at all.

The ogre errors!
The ogre errors is something that users can get either when trying to boot up the game or when entering a custom map. These errors come directly from the game, and even though the error messages might look a lil messy, most of the time they actually clearly shows where the problem is. Ogre errors can also come up from broken installers that doesn't install all the files needed to run the game, and in these cases "The magical fix" usually solves this. Uninstall>re-download>Install with new installers.

An example of an ogre error below:

That one is pretty much straight out saying that the following file "Gui Template/Reminder" Is missing. And in this case, if something is missing, an uninstall and re-install should do the trick. But there can be other errors like "Items already using the name blabla" or "Failed to create OpenGL rendering". They can vary very much, some are easier to fix than others.'
If you look here, you will find a big list of previous ogre errors, and many of them with a solution. So take a look there. (Thanks to Shell Prisoner for making that thread)

If you still are unable to sort it, feel free to post a help thread.

Graphical glitches and other weird visuals can show up in different ways, and here's some examples of how it might look.

Cut off polygons, weird looking shadows and textures missing.

Distorted pictures and hard to read text

Complete black images not showing much at all

Only Red, green and blue colours showing.
The absolute First thing you want to try is to change the rendering mode for the game. There's different rendering modes you can pick from, usually OpenGL and Direct3D9. This decides which way your graphic card should process the game. This one is at standard set to OpenGL, so we'd want to set it to Direct3D9.

There's 2 ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the options menu, click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code:
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering SubsystemSave the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain for, but there's still 1 more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

A computer is hardware, and with time it gets old just like any other thing in this world. If you had your computer for a while, and never updated the drivers, this might be the cause for FeralHeart not to work correctly. Installing Drivers for your computer is like installing any other program that it might need, though knowing how to do this might be tricky, so check the tutorial on how to Here!
If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.