Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 1259 times)

Offline NorrieOrca

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
What happened?
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:48:37 am »
The portals to new maps won't show up and i do what i've usually done by putting files going to export into export etc. I've put the fhm file in export and restarted but the portal won't show up. I've even gotten help from a friend but it hasn't worked. Anyone know what's going on or have the same problem?

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: What happened?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:53:45 am »
Make sure that the map (in Map Maker) has the "Has Portal" box ticked.

If placing the .fhm file in your Exports folder does not work try placing the files in your Terrains folder.

EDIT:

Place the .fhm in your Terrains folder, the .fho in your Objects folder and .fhs/.fhw in your Sky folder.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 12:00:25 pm by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 01:09:53 pm »
I'm the friend that was helping her, and she wasn't making her own map, she was trying to get one in game that she'd downloaded. And I know it doe work, because about 10 other people from our RP have it, and it works for them.

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Live well laugh often love much~
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:10:19 pm »
Did you make sure to take the files out of the folder?
You probably have but it's all I can think of. I'm not very helpful I'm afraid.
I have had people in RolePlays that need to close FH a few times before it works.
I also had a member that I had to send the water.cfg, gates.cfg, terrain.cfg etc.
Maybe you could try that?

lindaminda

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:15:47 pm »
Hmm, you can check out these tutorials on youtube (by Red)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGLY79x4yg

lindaminda

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 07:23:59 pm »
I'm the friend that was helping her, and she wasn't making her own map, she was trying to get one in game that she'd downloaded. And I know it doe work, because about 10 other people from our RP have it, and it works for them.

O, I thought she was making her own map.
Maybe she put something in the wrong file or dunno.. she can contact one of the staff members. :I

How to install a map someone else made:
Maps are also a big part of FeralHeart, hanging out in custom maps is usually where you have the most interesting times, but it's also a big part of joining private roleplays and feeling a bigger variation when playing.

If someone made a map it's most likely put up on a download link for those who wants it. The thing is that most map includes more than just "1" single file, so these are packed into either a .zip file or .rar.

Zips
.zip files are easy to open and needs to programs, just right click the downloaded zip file, and choose "Extract all".
This will unzip the files to a new folder with the same name, making them usable. If you don't do this, chances they'll work are extremely low.

Rars
.rar files is another way to pack files into a bundle. Though this requires you to have winrar or any other program that can extract these files on your computer. Winrar is free, and you can download it from their site or other sites hosting it. The .rar files works pretty much the same way, when having winrar installed, just right click the .rar file and chose extract here, and it will extract the files next to the rar in a new folder, making the files usable.

Now when you have the files required extracted and all, you just need to do one more thing, and that is to paste them into your game folder. The maps works the same way as exported presets. You paste all the downloaded files into the exports folder located here:
C:\FeralHeart\exports

Sometimes the maps has more files than just exported .fhm and .fho such as .mesh .mat etc. If so, check the downloaded folder and see if there's any Readme for the map, and where to place the files. If there's noone, and you need help, contact the map creator.

When all the files are in place, the map should be visible from within the game!

Just enter the map "Cape of distant worlds" and locate the portal taking you to the map/maps.

And that's how you install maps for your game.

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 08:02:07 pm »

O, I thought she was making her own map.
Maybe she put something in the wrong file or dunno.. she can contact one of the staff members. :I

How to install a map someone else made:
Maps are also a big part of FeralHeart, hanging out in custom maps is usually where you have the most interesting times, but it's also a big part of joining private roleplays and feeling a bigger variation when playing.

If someone made a map it's most likely put up on a download link for those who wants it. The thing is that most map includes more than just "1" single file, so these are packed into either a .zip file or .rar.

Zips
.zip files are easy to open and needs to programs, just right click the downloaded zip file, and choose "Extract all".
This will unzip the files to a new folder with the same name, making them usable. If you don't do this, chances they'll work are extremely low.

Rars
.rar files is another way to pack files into a bundle. Though this requires you to have winrar or any other program that can extract these files on your computer. Winrar is free, and you can download it from their site or other sites hosting it. The .rar files works pretty much the same way, when having winrar installed, just right click the .rar file and chose extract here, and it will extract the files next to the rar in a new folder, making the files usable.

Now when you have the files required extracted and all, you just need to do one more thing, and that is to paste them into your game folder. The maps works the same way as exported presets. You paste all the downloaded files into the exports folder located here:
C:\FeralHeart\exports

Sometimes the maps has more files than just exported .fhm and .fho such as .mesh .mat etc. If so, check the downloaded folder and see if there's any Readme for the map, and where to place the files. If there's noone, and you need help, contact the map creator.

When all the files are in place, the map should be visible from within the game!

Just enter the map "Cape of distant worlds" and locate the portal taking you to the map/maps.

And that's how you install maps for your game.

Thank you for you help, guys, but we've tried all of that. ;-; I'll tell her to message a staff member.

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee