Author Topic: Anyone Else?  (Read 2819 times)

Offline ShadowPhoenix515

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhhh
    • View Profile
Anyone Else?
« on: April 27, 2014, 01:14:14 am »
Does anyone else have issues with joining RP groups? I have been trying to join a wolf based RP group with my character Ben, or any character in that matter. I try to ask some people if i can join and lm just ignored. I am new to RP and i have no experience with it but i want to try it. I want to RP in the game. And when i do find a group that wont ignore me, they wont let me in because ive never RPd and they want only 'literate' members. You have to start somewhere and in my case i cant start anywhere. -_-

Heres a picture of my character Ben.

Offline ShadowPhoenix515

• Dedicated Supporter
  • hhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Else?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 01:17:55 am »
Yes, i kinda am ranting. Sorry for that :P

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 01:32:41 am »
D'ww, sorry you're being ignored! It's a shame people advertise and then don't accept members into their groups. Most RPs want "literate" roleplayers, which is just wrong and unfair. To become better at RPing, they should accept RP novices.

So you're new to roleplay? Here's some tips for you. ^^ I'd recommend looking at dictonaries and thesauri (books or internet) to enlarge your vocabulary. Here's a good online dictonary that'd recommend:
http://dictionary.com
They're good to look back at once in a while to aid your roleplaying skills. For example, insted of using the word "good" or "cool," use words like "extravagant" and "amazing."
Also, learn how sentences are formed. What's a independent claus, or what is a adverb? A lot of roleplays want players who captilize their "I" and know the difference between "your" and "you're."
I'd highly recomend looking here also: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=142.0
Remember, it's not bad to spell things wrong once in a while; you're only human.

I'm sorry to hear that they are refusing to accept you. If you have anymore troubles in-game, you could look for an RP on these forums! :3 Also, beautiful character. Very original!

Happy roleplaying! <3
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:34:50 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 01:35:57 am »
I find it rather rude and ignorant to not let you join because you have "no experience". How else are you going to gain any experience other than roleplaying with another group?

If they're going to ignore you and not let you join then I wouldn't bother trying to join those particular groups. You'll definitely find a group that will accept you, since you're new try joining groups that don't ask for a roleplay sample and you'll be able to learn how to roleplay from the other members' posts in no time. It's just like writing a short first or third person story about what you're character is doing such as interacting with other characters and the environment around. Just remember to use descriptive words to make your post sound more detailed and interesting :3

Have you tried looking at these tutorials? They should give you a good idea on roleplaying :)

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=14681.0

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=41166.0

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17897.0

I wish you luck and I hope you find an enjoyable roleplay group soon <3
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:37:43 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline ShadowPhoenix515

• Dedicated Supporter
  • hhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 01:42:17 am »
Thank you guys for helping me :3. Ill look through some thesauruses and stuff to expand my vocabulary. I should have one around here somewhere. and ill dig through the RP group area to see what i can find.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 01:46:39 am »
Thank you guys for helping me :3. Ill look through some thesauruses and stuff to expand my vocabulary. I should have one around here somewhere. and ill dig through the RP group area to see what i can find.
I wish you luck with roleplaying! If you ever have a question or are confused on something, feel free to ask anyone of us. I'm sure we would all be glad to help.

Offline ShadowPhoenix515

• Dedicated Supporter
  • hhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 01:51:25 am »
Okeedokee :3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 01:59:09 am »
I wish you luck with roleplaying! If you ever have a question or are confused on something, feel free to ask anyone of us. I'm sure we would all be glad to help.

Yes, good luck with your roleplaying and don't let anyone give you a hard time about it. If you need any more help or advice feel free to ask, we don't bite :3
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline ShadowPhoenix515

• Dedicated Supporter
  • hhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 02:03:15 am »
i dunno...lol ok. thanks again guys. You are seriously the glue that holds feral heart together.

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 02:21:46 am »
One time I was in a group, I posted three long posts explaining my character's actions and their reasoning... Right after that, some pride member came over and OOC asked why my character was laying next to a tree isolated... I was, as I like to put it "Posting to a brick wall..."

I actually did make a similar thread in game discussion, called "Exclusion," its something you might want to check out.