Author Topic: Mass Markings are Glitched... They're Not Working D: Help?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Sparkle1901

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Looks may be deceiving.... ?
    • View Profile
Mass Markings are Glitched... They're Not Working D: Help?
« on: April 27, 2014, 06:44:52 pm »
Hello! I would like to thank you in advance first off for viewing this thread and possibly taking the time to help me out, it really means a lot! Feel free to ask any questions about my problem if I'm not quite clear enough, thanks!

So I was roleplaying with a friend and she had mass markings. Getting sick and tired of seeing a giant marshmallow I asked her what the markings pack was and downloaded it. Having done this before I placed the .cfg file in the main Feral Heart folder and replaced the old one, as well as placing and replacing the image files into textures. She had items as well, which I already had downloaded and working.... sort of, but you'll see in a second. To test out the markings I put the ones she was wearing as well as her items on my character and logged back on. These were the results...

What I saw.
(Me:Right)

What she saw.
(Me:Left)

As you can see, not only was she still a giant marshmallow to me, on her screen my markings and items were totally different!! Any help?
Thanks for viewing this!

AlphaEclipse

Re: Mass Markings are Glitched... They're Not Working D: Help?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:56:20 pm »
It looks like it has something to do with the textures them selves... Hmm. When you copied them over to C: >>> Feralheart >> media >textures, did you copy the folder or did you select all of the markings and then clicked replace? Just copying the folder over will not work.

Do you by any chance have a Mac? :o

Offline Sparkle1901

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 07:06:51 pm »
Yes, i do. I actually just noticed that there's two media folders in the fh mac version, one in FHroot and one in the feral heart folder itself. And I had dragged and replaced the images.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 07:15:59 pm »
I think this will help. :3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xCTk57Rx_4M

I myself do not own a Mac, so I think this is all I know. Maybe someone else can help ya'. C:

Offline Sparkle1901

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 07:18:29 pm »
Lol, I already re-watched the video and had noticed they placed it in the media in the main FH folder. Not sure if it will still work out or not until my friend comes back on though. Thankyou for the help :) Will post on here again if it doesn't.

Offline Sparkle1901

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 11:24:07 pm »
She still sees the wrong markings and to me she's still just a marshmallow D: No idea what to do...

Offline Sparkle1901

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 01:32:07 pm »
Bump

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 01:42:25 pm »
DO NOT DRAG the textures into the media folder. You have to copy and paste them in or else it will not work.  Don't ask me why but it just won't. Also did you out the .cfg into FHRoot? Because that is where it is supposed to go. Another problem might be that you also put the read me file in textures which you are not supposed to do. Go through your textures folder an see if it is in there and if it is you might be able to delete it or you might have to re-download a new FH and delete your old one. I know it complicated an annoying when things don't work but you'll get it.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 02:39:34 pm »
Since you mentioned that your items are different to I'm just going to come in here and explain that the reason for that. Although you may both be using item packs with the same or similar items some people's item packs have a different coding order in their items.cfg file than yours, therefore everyone will see the items in different orders. If you guys really want to see your items in the right order you either have to download and use the same item pack or organize both your items.cfg files codings to try and match each other. Best bet is to just download the same item pack though. Goodluck I hope you get your problem fixed.

Offline Sparkle1901

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 04:27:14 am »
@S-H-A-Y
Alright, I'll to that. Thanks! :)

@LordSuragaha
Ohhhh, that makes so much sense. 0.0 Thankyou! XD Will see what I can do :3